Pricing Issue

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by campjul, Jul 25, 2008.

1. campjul

campjul
    Expand Collapse

I just read the review I submitted for Campland on the Bay in San Diego and the site price is listed at $11. The correct price for my site was $115. I am wondering whether this website can handle prices over $99? So far, I can't find a place to ask this question to the webmaster. Any suggestions? I really wanted folks to know that Campland on the Bay is expensive and they should know what they are really paying for their site before they make the choice to stay there.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

$115 was for one night??!!! Good grief, were the streets made of gold?

To answer your question, we've never paid a rate that high so far, and so I don 't know if the form will or won't take 3 digits. But if it won't the webmaster may have to revise it if costs are getting that high.

3. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

My god, do RV parks think they are in the same league as Ritz Carlton? For $115 a night, I expect to have room service, they had better come in my RV and vacuum it, launder my sheets, and leave a mint on my pillow!

I guess you just do what you do, put a post out here, and hopefully the Webmaster will fix it...... I can't find a "notify us of errors" thingie on here.....

JJ

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

Was that price for purchase of the RV lot or just one night's rental? You might want to post a link to the site as I'd like to see it.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

This problem has been sent to WM and yes we do need three places due to some high priced parks. High dollar parks are in CA & FL so far.

6. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lindsay Richards @ Jul 26 2008, 08:50 AM) [snapback]12453[/snapback]

Was that price for purchase of the RV lot or just one night's rental? You might want to post a link to the site as I'd like to see it.

http://www.campland.com - I couldn't find the rates - but they do offer free wi-fi

7. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

OMG...their Supersite rates are from $260 to $374.00 a night?????? I'm sorry, but I looked over their website and I wouldn't pay more than $70.00 a night for what they offer. I can't believe people would pay that much to camp.

To find their rates you have to click on Reservations first.

8. campjul

campjul
    Expand Collapse

I have to say that I chose to spend $115 a night because it was a last minute reservation and we were right on the San Diego Bay. If it hadn't been for the spaciousness of our site and the Bay view, I would have left immediately. The site was beautiful, the park was way too crowded for my taste. This is So. California and with gas prices being what they are, I'm wondering if site pricing is going to go up even higher. We'll all crowded here together in our little piece of paradise so they can gouge us if they want. Of course, it is 4:00 PM here, 75 degrees, a nice ocean breeze coming our way and when it is 70 degrees in January, we do count our weather blessings.

Oh, and by the way, no chocolate mints were left on our pillows every evening. The Ritz-Carlton it was not!

9. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

We went to one campground last year and the site was 150 a night. We stayed two nights but it was the only game in town right then and we wanted to be there so we paid. It does make the 45 buck a night places seem a bit cheaper than they used too. They did have a guy come and hook you up though so that was nice. I will use him next time to dump and flush the tanks. Maybe for that much money he can sponge them down and wash the outsides too.

10. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

There are many parks that charge over 100 dollars in Florida and California. I have heard of parks in Florida getting 5000 a month for rv sites. Thats 166 a night. That to me is rediculous.

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Jul 26 2008, 04:25 PM) [snapback]12469[/snapback]

OMG...their Supersite rates are from $260 to $374.00 a night?????? I'm sorry, but I looked over their website and I wouldn't pay more than $70.00 a night for what they offer. I can't believe people would pay that much to camp.

To find their rates you have to click on Reservations first.

If anyone pays THAT MUCH for "camping" it isn't "Camping." BUt then again, some of the amenities offered at RV parks kind of "blur" the line between "camping" (as we used to know it in tents, etc) and "luxurious recreating."

JJ

12. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Jul 29 2008, 04:11 PM) [snapback]12536[/snapback]

If anyone pays THAT MUCH for "camping" it isn't "Camping." BUt then again, some of the amenities offered at RV parks kind of "blur" the line between "camping" (as we used to know it in tents, etc) and "luxurious recreating."

JJ

Very true...except for the "as we know it" part....I've gone full circle when it comes to camping, started out in a tent, went to pop-ups to campers to motorhomes, now I'm back to tenting and also staying at "bare-bones" rustic cabins, so I'm kind of back at the" as we used to know it" now, LOL!!!

I prefer state parks because they have less amentities...I actually got upset when our state parks in PA started having electric and water sites, LOL!!!

But, I guess if people are willing to pay that kind of price to stay at a place like that, they'll keep them in business.

13. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

"My god, do RV parks think they are in the same league as Ritz Carlton? For $115 a night, I expect to have room service, they had better come in my RV and vacuum it, launder my sheets, and leave a mint on my pillow! "

Actually in Newport Beach the Newport Dunes Waterfront RV Resort does have room service. Today I watched a show called Motorhome Mansions and the host had his supper brought right to his motorhome door. Sure a long ways from frank and beans cooking over the fire ring!

14. wmah

wmah
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed in cabins that are more than $99 a night. When I done this and left a review I entered 99 and stated the price in the review. I figure anyone that will pay 99 will pay more. But to pay more than 99 and you are staying in your own room you brought with you seems high to me. I guess it keeps the drunks out and maybe it could be quieter.

15. flourpedal

flourpedal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Jul 26 2008, 10:39 AM) [snapback]12457[/snapback]

http://www.campland.com - I couldn't find the rates - but they do offer free wi-fi

At that price, I don't consider the Wi-fi free.

SS