Problems Submitting Review

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by etc9, Mar 31, 2007.

1. etc9

etc9
    Expand Collapse

OK, took me about 10 different tries to submit a review. It would never get to "Confirmation" and kept saying fill out all the fields and I made double or triple sure they were filled!

Obviously a bug somewhere.

2. ric&trac

ric&trac
    Expand Collapse

Might also be problems in the data packets being sent from your computer to the site's server. Have run across that many times before.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have been posting on this site for well over a year and have probably posted at least 50 reviews. Even so I could not get my latest reviews to post about a week ago. I was basically having the same problem as etc9. I checked my information very carefully and was sure I had everything filled in. After about 30 minutes I almost sent a message to the webmaster to "complain" or to ask what I was doing wrong. However, I decided to wait a while and then try again. I am embarrassed to admit that the problem was completely operator error--meaning it was my fault. In my case I was not entering the date of stay correctly. After I corrected that mistake all my reviews went right through and were posted within 24 hours. I'm sure there are times when the web site fouls up, but I am betting that 99% of the time it is because we, the reviewers, do something wrong. That still doesn't mean that ect9 was at fault, but it does mean that the forms must be filled out completely and correctly before they will go through, and even old timers can sometimes forget how to do that.

4. cottagecrafters

cottagecrafters
    Expand Collapse

I posted 2 reviews last night which brought me to the 3 reviews in order to get a posting. This morning I only see the last review I made and the rating stars were not what I'd put. I was under the impression that once you had put in your first 3 reviews that all 3 reviews would be posted and any more reviews after those initial 3 would be posted immediately. I'd also like to know how the rating stars can get changed. When I posted last night I gave the review on Silver Creek campground a 3 star (this is the review that did not get posted) and my third review was for Table Rock State Park which I had given 5 stars. The Table Rock review was posted but the star rating was only 3 1/2 stars. How can this happen?? Is there a way to edit an already posted review so that I can change that star rating?? I hate to have everyone think that we did not enjoy that campground because we did.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I checked out your Table Rock State Park review. It shows 2 1/2 stars which is a 5 rating. I think the confusion comes because the review form lists the ratings as numbers from 1-10. When reviews are posted the rating becomes stars and each star counts as 2 points. A half star is 1 point. Your previous post said you intended to give Table Rock 5 stars. So when you wrote your review did you click on the 5 rating thinking it would be 5 stars? If you actually want 5 stars you must click on the 10 rating.

I also looked for Silver Creek but didn't find it in the recent reviews. Did you look it up by the state and city it is in? Maybe it is there after all. You might try looking up your 3rd review this way also. I think you're right that once you post your third review all of the reviews (#1, 2, and 3) are posted, and then after that each one is posted soon after you write it.

I don't know the rules or procedure for editing a review. You could write the webmaster and ask. Good luck to you and hope you get it all worked out.

6. cottagecrafters

cottagecrafters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jun 11 2007, 01:56 PM) [snapback]7284[/snapback]

I checked out your Table Rock State Park review. It shows 2 1/2 stars which is a 5 rating. I think the confusion comes because the review form lists the ratings as numbers from 1-10. When reviews are posted the rating becomes stars and each star counts as 2 points. A half star is 1 point. Your previous post said you intended to give Table Rock 5 stars. So when you wrote your review did you click on the 5 rating thinking it would be 5 stars? If you actually want 5 stars you must click on the 10 rating.

I also looked for Silver Creek but didn't find it in the recent reviews. Did you look it up by the state and city it is in? Maybe it is there after all. You might try looking up your 3rd review this way also. I think you're right that once you post your third review all of the reviews (#1, 2, and 3) are posted, and then after that each one is posted soon after you write it.

I don't know the rules or procedure for editing a review. You could write the webmaster and ask. Good luck to you and hope you get it all worked out.

Is there a section, a post, that explains the difference in the rating systems. I could find nothing that showed me that each star is 2 points. I'll now have to keep that in mind when I'm reading reviews. I've also checked for my missing review and it is still not there so will contact the webmaster.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I don't recall seeing anything that has been written about the ratings and stars. I guess I just figured it out because the actual review has a place that gives the rating (8/10 for example; 8 out of a possible 10) and then shows the stars (4 in this case). The recent review section will only show the stars. I think I remember that there was a major revision of this web site shortly after I joined. I think the star system started then, but I'm not sure since I have trouble just remembering yesterday. Again good luck.

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

The stars only are on list under USA map as new updates come in. On sites I see rated 1/10 plus stars and yes each star is two point out of ten or five stars = 10.

9. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cottagecrafters @ Jun 11 2007, 02:55 AM) [snapback]7281[/snapback]

I posted 2 reviews last night which brought me to the 3 reviews in order to get a posting. This morning I only see the last review I made and the rating stars were not what I'd put. I was under the impression that once you had put in your first 3 reviews that all 3 reviews would be posted and any more reviews after those initial 3 would be posted immediately. I'd also like to know how the rating stars can get changed. When I posted last night I gave the review on Silver Creek campground a 3 star (this is the review that did not get posted) and my third review was for Table Rock State Park which I had given 5 stars. The Table Rock review was posted but the star rating was only 3 1/2 stars. How can this happen?? Is there a way to edit an already posted review so that I can change that star rating?? I hate to have everyone think that we did not enjoy that campground because we did.

I feel that the others have explained the stars, so I just wanted to address your missing review. I do see 3 reviews from you, but the 3rd was for Moonshine Creek Campground in Baslam, NC, not Silver Creek.

I don't see any other reviews from you in our database.

The "Thank You" page at the end of the review process is the best indicator that we have received your review.

Thanks for supporting the site with your reviews!

10. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

I'm new to this site and I posted two reviews last week, one from New River Junction (VA) and the other from Candy Hill (VA) and after posting, I got the Thank you message which I thought meant that my reviews would go through once I posted a third review. I post a third review today (Hillview Acres), and although I see this one, I can't find my first two. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

11. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are just completing a nearly 3 month trip from Florida to Maine and back. I am going to be submitting reviews on many campgrounds (I have been keeping notes.) and am wondering if I should submit them in smaller batches to prevent "overload" of the moderators or just send them in all at once. Will be back in about a week. If anybody is interested in seening pictures, check out our personal website at http://www.linandnancy.com Go to the Bar Harbor page to see the 3 plus pound lobster I ate. MMMM MMMM Good.

12. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

rangiebob,

Go back and re-check that you put in correct year 2007 or did you use 2006 or 2005? If you picked 2006 them your post would be down in the group with other older post. Post on top are newer dates. I do not know if this is the case or not, but check it out. :p