Propane Available?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kat31m, Oct 29, 2010.

1. kat31m

kat31m
    Expand Collapse

I am wondering if it would be possible to include whether the campground has LP? This could be included with other amenities like e/w/s/ cable, etc. I think it would be helpful information, may help in planning on where to fill tank while on the road. Just a thought. Is there any way to make this suggestions to web site ?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

You will find LP gas at most all private parks and trucks stops. The COE and state parks will not have LP in most cases. You can download from the Flying-J a list of all fuel stops in USA and prices of pump gas, diesel, and LP. Parks that do not have a refill station will have a truck that comes around and takes care of this service.

Look down at bottom of all pages and you will see "Contact Us".

3. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Oct 29 2010, 11:16 PM) [snapback]24747[/snapback]

You will find LP gas at most all private parks and trucks stops. The COE and state parks will not have LP in most cases. You can download from the Flying-J a list of all fuel stops in USA and prices of pump gas, diesel, and LP. Parks that do not have a refill station will have a truck that comes around and takes care of this service.

Look down at bottom of all pages and you will see "Contact Us".

I have to disagree with some of this. Very few parks that I have been in offer propane service. None that I have been in, or worked in, have had a truck that comes to the park to take care of filling tanks. This may occur in huge RV resorts but not regular campgrounds.

We do offer it here but in Texas it requires one certification for tanks and one for motorhomes. Since we rarely have motorhomes coming in asking for refills (maybe 3 per year) it doesn't make sense for them to pay for me to get certified for that part. I do removable tanks gladly but can't do the ones mounted inside motorhomes.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

If you need propane filled in portable tanks, many campgrounds have them, but if you need it through an expensive meter like in a class A or C, they are few and far between. I have found campground to be much more expensive for propane also. We just monitor ours and refill when we get down below 1/3. Usually non campground sources have easy in and easy out locations. I would think a by weight propane filling operation would be a low profit deal for most campgrounds as it takes a person away from their regular job. If you have an accurate gauge, buying at a local supplier can be done in your normal course of events with very little trouble. Many motor home repair places also have meters, but they are usually expensive also.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We carry 47 gals of propane at 80% fill in our tank. I reloads the tank at a Flying-J in Salt Lake City at $2.19 per gal couple weeks ago. This will last me a couple years or in some cases to we return back to Utah. We use heat from overhead units on roof and propane heater only if we every need it. Now we are in Buckhorn's RV Resort in Kerrville, TX. Here the propane trucks comes by on Friday, people come by and change your oil if you wish, people come by and wash the motorhome if you wish. I could be staying in the wrong parks. We have been in a small number of RV parks that did not have propane. We pass a lot of truck stops per week and all have propane. Now if a person was in a place with small tanks say 5 or 10 gals and no service then you would need to find a supply service if park did not have propane. To me I never think about it much, readout on dash tells me % of tank to empty so we never run out.

Only item missing here is the maid service. :lol: