Pulling A New Travel Trailer

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by irishmo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. irishmo

irishmo
    Expand Collapse

We are new at this. Would like to visit Cloudland Canyon SP in Ga..someone said it's very steep and narrow getting up to the campground. We are from flat old Florida and dont want to get spooked on our first trip out of state. We have a 28' Sunnybrook and are just having a Hensley Arrow hitch installed to alleviate the sway. Anyone out there been to this park? Are we worrying needlessly? Thanks for any help.

2. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(irishmo @ Jul 29 2008, 01:33 PM) [snapback]12539[/snapback]

We are new at this. Would like to visit Cloudland Canyon SP in Ga..someone said it's very steep and narrow getting up to the campground. We are from flat old Florida and dont want to get spooked on our first trip out of state. We have a 28' Sunnybrook and are just having a Hensley Arrow hitch installed to alleviate the sway. Anyone out there been to this park? Are we worrying needlessly? Thanks for any help.

Nice park. We went a couple of times in our 26 foot travel trailer. Some parts of the campground are tight if I remember correctly, but I was able to manuever through the campground during the dark without hitting anything. Some of the drive is steep, but doable. Lots of good hiking trails.

3. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I haven't been there, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. Don't make this your first trip. Pick a place that is easy to get and out and try out your rig. You say you are in Fla. We are too. There are lots of places to try your rig, before you tackle a tough parking park. Try Jetty Park in Canaveral or a place like Sliver River Park in Ocala. Nice place and easy in and out.