Quartsite Arizona

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by saturn7, May 25, 2006.

1. saturn7

saturn7
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever stayed at Quartsite? How was this experience and what did you do there all winter? What kind of rigs are there and how is the security, dog issues, neighbor issues, etc? thanks in advance for the info. :D

2. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I have never stayed for a season. but I can probably help some. There is every type of rig that you can imagine, from junk to the finest. Dogs are not a problem, there are many. If the things you mention are a problem for you, don't go, you won't like it. It is like being in the middle of a flea market. You will probable be staying on BLM land. I beleive the campgrounds are reserved a year in advance.

3. Gezzer

Gezzer
    Expand Collapse

Do you want to boondock or do you want to stay in a full hook up park? How long do you want to stay? If you want to boondock, there are miles of BLM land to park in, depending on which area you go to and how long you stay, the cost can be about $125 per year. Have no idea about the RV parks in town, I would contact the chamber of commerce or do a google and get some idea of prices. I would also book very early, an awful lot of people to go Q for the winter. The big RV show is the middle of January and it is wall to wall people and rigs.

we have been there, once is enough. Lots of people and rigs of every description. A lot of dust and dirt, closest decent big shopping is Yuma (85 miles south). Water is awful, very salty you have to buy decent drinking water.

Go to the Escapees forum and do a search on Q - tons and tons of information there.

Safe travesl