Questions about de-lamination, new toy hauler advice

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by desertcamper05, Oct 3, 2017.

1. desertcamper05

desertcamper05
    Expand Collapse

Hi everybody. We are looking to upgrade our hauler. My current is a 2007 Skyline Trailrider 240, aluminum side. This has been an excellent rig, in fact, if Skyline was still in business, I would buy another one without hesitation. From day 1, everything has worked, never leaked, and only required a return visit to the dealer for a product recall on the Dometic fridge. That being said, we are looking for something in the 28'-30' range with a slide for more interior room. I am finding a lot of nice rigs in the $40k range. These are all fiberglass coaches. It is a little discouraging seeing so many trailers out on the road that are a few years old with some degree of de-lamination of the exterior panels. Is this something that the manufacturing industry is working to improve on? Eclipse RV does make a couple of aluminum sided trailers (pricey) but not ready to rule out other models yet. So, opinions please, is this problem being improved upon in the newer rigs??