Real Fireworks Display For 4th Of July

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by River, May 18, 2009.

1. River

River
    Expand Collapse

I'm a 37 year old Mom who hauls her own 24 foot camper. Me and my 6 & 7 year old boys. We live in southern maryland.

We kept our camper at a campground one year - the 'trailer park' drama got old real quick.

Last year we tried:
    Yogi Bear in Hagerstown MD - didn't care for the 270 traffic!
    Grey's point - nice.
    Beth Page - not too enthusiastic about all the attractions on the other side of the main street!
    Camp Clearwater in NC - nice, a little far.

Right now, I'd really like to find a campground that has a REAL firework display that you can SEE from your campsite. So, I don't want someone putting on their own backyard display and I don't wan to have to drive to see them and if at all possible, a place that I can get to that the driving conditions are too mountainous, as I'm a little weary of the whole braking and stopping issue...

Ok, you may judge all my nitpicks, but also commend me for showing my kids the love of camping!

2. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

river, i'm sorry i didn't see you post sooner. ocean city maryland has a good display. if you can book a site at frontier town, you will be able to see the fireworks from the crabbing pier. your boy's will like crabbing also.
    they will proabley be booked for this year, but call up and keep calling you might get lucky and someone will cancel.
    eagles nest is another campground one just up the road. they have done a lot of work to it. they are not as well known as frontier town. they might have a spot for you. you will be able to see the fire works from there as well.
    we go down every year for two weeks. it is one of the best displays i have seen.
    hope i helped and you get to see this reply. bob