Recent Reviews For 2006

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jerry S, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I noticed that in the last 2 days (3/1 and 3/2/09) there were a slew of reviews rating the various campgrounds being reviewed as "1" or "2". Out of curiosity I checked several of them and found that most of them were from the period around Aug/Sep 2006. This was maybe a dozen different parks. I checked further and noticed that almost all of them were stand alone reviews - there was no line at the end of the review stating that the reviewer has X number of other reviews. So there was no indication that these reviews were being done by the same person. At first I thought is was the situation where the reviewer finally met the minimum number of submitted reviews requirement before these "old" reviews posted. The fact that most of these "old" reviews showed that they were the only reviews by that poster makes me believe that cannot be the case.

Anybody have any idea (or care about) what is going on here? I find it hard to believe that a dozen different people suddenly posted reviews for the same 2+ year old time frame for a dozen different campgrounds or that 12 different people incorrectly chose the wrong year. Even then, there is still the problem of most these reviews indicating that they are the only reviews posted by that reviewer.

I am so confused.

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Mar 2 2009, 07:37 PM) [snapback]15289[/snapback]

I noticed that in the last 2 days (3/1 and 3/2/09) there were a slew of reviews rating the various campgrounds being reviewed as "1" or "2". Out of curiosity I checked several of them and found that most of them were from the period around Aug/Sep 2006. This was maybe a dozen different parks. I checked further and noticed that almost all of them were stand alone reviews - there was no line at the end of the review stating that the reviewer has X number of other reviews. So there was no indication that these reviews were being done by the same person. At first I thought is was the situation where the reviewer finally met the minimum number of submitted reviews requirement before these "old" reviews posted. The fact that most of these "old" reviews showed that they were the only reviews by that poster makes me believe that cannot be the case.

Anybody have any idea (or care about) what is going on here? I find it hard to believe that a dozen different people suddenly posted reviews for the same 2+ year old time frame for a dozen different campgrounds or that 12 different people incorrectly chose the wrong year. Even then, there is still the problem of most these reviews indicating that they are the only reviews posted by that reviewer.

I am so confused.

Jerry, that confuses me as well, especially how those reviews can be posted without having the reviewer have listed at least the other two reviews they are suppose to have in order for any or their reviews to appear.

Very strange indeed.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Me again.

Piano,

Thanks for the link to check out. However, before I saw your reponse, John Blue sent me an IM explaining the situation. While I don't know the specifics, the website staff is trying to clear out "waiting" file of reviews and the aforementioned reviews are a result of what they are trying to do. I am more than satified with his explanation. I just thought what I saw was strange (no, I was not looking in the mirror).

As far as I am concerned, there is no reason to continue this topic. If you are still interested, you can check out the link Pianotuna cited in his post.

5. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

6. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gilda @ Mar 3 2009, 09:52 AM) [snapback]15303[/snapback]

Sorry, I feel a need for continuing this discussion. It's extremely disturbing to see these ridiculous OLD reviews. They provide absolutely no useful information. They are too old. The parks may not even be there anymore. Absolutely ridiculous. For those that haven't read them, they are actually a hoot.....darn mosquito's.

Thank you for pointing out the fact that we as Rv'ers are not smart enough to tell the difference between 1 bad review and many good one's or being able to see what the date of the review is. If you don't like seeing these then by all means don't read them. The review's are all opinion's and nothing else. That's what this web site is based on, if you are tired of seeing them then start your own web site, call it Gilda's RV park reviews where all the reviews are posted based on your opinion.

As always, just my opinion