Recipes for RV'ing

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl Fuller, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Breakfast Pizza

1 Box Betty Crocker Hash Browns - soak the potatoes in a bowl of warm water
    8 eggs, scrambled
    1 lbs. breakfast sausage, browned and drained
    shredded cheddar cheese
    2 cans of biscuits

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Flatten biscuits onto a cookie sheet to form a crust. I usually line the tin with parchment paper. Spread the eggs, sausage, and potatoes on top of the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and bake until the crust has browned - normally 10-15 minutes.

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Texas Hash

2 lbs. ground beef
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped green peppers
    seasonings - I use chili powder, garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
    3 cups Minute Rice - prepared
    1 can stewed tomatoes - whatever flavor you like
    2 cans tomato sauce
    Shredded cheddar cheese

Brown meat - I add in the onions and peppers while it is cooking. Drain. Add in all remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Simmer until all ingredients are heated. Cover with cheddar cheese and serve. Yum!!!

3. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

What a great idea...here are a few of my favorites...I like anything that you can wrap in foil and throw in the coals or on the grill... :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE

Cake Donuts
    Pineapple Slices
    Butter
    Brown Sugar

Directions:
    Take a large square of aluminum foil. Cut a cake donut in half. Lay a pineapple slice on the donut half. Put a few dollops of butter on. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Put other half of donut on top and seal tightly in foil. Lay on coals for about 10-15 minutes. Open carefully as it will be very hot. Taste just like a pineapple upside down cake ... yummy!
    FOIL PAN CHICKEN DINNER

4-6 Chicken Breast
    1 Can Cream Chicken Soup
    1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
    1 Lg. or 2 Small Cans of Mixed Vegetables

Directions:
    In a foil pan, combine both soups (condensed) and vegetables. Stir together. Add chicken and coat with mixture. Cover foil and cook on nice, hot coals for about 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FOILED HAM DINNER

Sliced Ham
    Potatoes
    Sliced Carrots
    Canned Pineapple
    1 tsp. Brown Sugar

Directions:
    Place the ham, potatoes, carrots, pineapple, brown sugar on double layer foil. Sprinkle with pineapple juice from can. Fold up packet and place in coals for about 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TACOS IN THE BAGS

Ground Beef
    Taco Seasoning
    Diced Tomatoes
    Sliced Onions
    Shredded Cheese
    Shredded Lettuce
    Tortilla Chips (Medium sized individual bags...Doritos or Fritos are the best)

Directions:
    Cook the ground beef with taco seasoning. Drain fat. Before opening tortilla chip bags, crush them with your hands, open bags and put tomatoes, onions, cheese and lettuce then top with ground beef. Close bag and shake until mixed...pour onto plates or better yet, eat right out of the bags!

KIDS ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE PUTTING IT TOGETHER FOR THEMSELVES!

4. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

BBear - thanks a bunch, there are several here that I am going to try next trip out.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Here's something simple.
    Start with 2 squares of aluminum foil, put baked beans in center, top with raw hamburger patty, cover with 2 more layers of foil. Tightly seal all edges. Cook on grill (flipping once) about half an hour.

6. andrews4

andrews4
    Expand Collapse

CrockPot Amish Pork Chops

Turn crockpot on high heat, if you want to eat them in 4 hours.
    (If we are going to be gone most of the day I put it on low heat)

Mix 2 cups ketchup, 1 can cr. of mushroom soup (regular or fat-free), 1 tbsp. Worcester sauce, 1/2 cup chopped onions in a bowl.

Season pork chops ( I use 6 thick bone-in chops to feed 4 people) with salt and pepper, pour some sauce in the bottom, then chops, repeat.
    Cover and let cook.

These are great with some crisp bread and a green salad.

Leslie
    Proud Mom of an Army Soldier!!

7. campingbug

campingbug
    Expand Collapse

8. tonya418n12

tonya418n12
    Expand Collapse

Campfire Crockpot Brats

1 Onion, sliced thick
    2 Green Bell Peppers, sliced thick
    1 large bottle (or two small bottles) barbeque sauce - your fav brand
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    5-10 bratwursts, depending on people being served

Add onions and peppers to crock pot (no need to saute' them) and add barbeque sauce and black pepper, cover and turn on low heat. Meanwhile, cook the brats over an open fire (campfire gives this recipe the best flavor). When the brats are evenly browned, add them to the crockpot with the peppers & sauce and cook, covered, over low heat for 2-3 hours. Serve on brat buns or hot dog buns with the peppers & sauce.

This way to cook the brats is soooooo delicious, way more tasty than over the grill.

You can also add another onion to the sauce if you really love onions!

9. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

A lot of good sounding recipes there so we got to try and get this one going again.

Beer Brats

1-2 large bottles (32oz) of beer depending on how many brats you have.
    1-2 large onions
    Brats

Cut up onions and add to pot with brats. Cover with beer and bring to a boil to parboil brats. Remove brats from beer and finish on grill or over campfire. With strainer or slotted spoon remove onions and fry up. Serve brats on buns with onions on top.

While the brats are delicious I have never worked up the nerve to try warm, flat brat flavored beer so I just dump the beer out. :D

10. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Find out where Cheryl Fuller is and spend the night next to her and wait for her to make breakast......LOL just kidding

Here's a twist on a favorite I tried it for Breakfast

Sliced potatoe's With onions and adding sliced smoked sausage and couple of pounds of butter and make in foil pouch set over the fire cook until done and enjoy. I just love potatoes and onion's and added the smoked sausage for different twist. You could add other meats as you wanted to. I wanted to add eggs but wasn't sure how well that would be. Happy Trails. :D

11. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

I am busy printing these out. Ed cooks all on grill or outside burners when we camp. I have seen books and forums on this subject but overwhelms me...this thread is perfect.

Find out where Cheryl Fuller is and spend the night next to her and wait for her to make breakast......LOL just kidding

Ditto on that great idea :p

jmo

12. Leezerman

Leezerman
    Expand Collapse

Dirty Onions- Start with a good size red onion trim off the top & bottom so it sets flat than hallow out a tablespoon size in top and put in 1 cube of beef bullion and top off with butter. Wrap in foil and place on bbq until onions are soft. We just eat them as they are or use on sandwiches or what ever.

13. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Glad to see you guys posting in this thread again. I am always looking for new things to make while on the road and now have a lot of new ideas. keep 'em coming. Meterman, anytime you are camping close to us, come on over for breakfast. I usually serve it with fresh fruit!!!

14. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ Oct 31 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]5395[/snapback]
    Glad to see you guys posting in this thread again. I am always looking for new things to make while on the road and now have a lot of new ideas. keep 'em coming. Meterman, anytime you are camping close to us, come on over for breakfast. I usually serve it with fresh fruit!!!

Your welcome Cheryl Fuller I post more as I can. I'll come over for breakfast only if you stop by for steaks over the fire with potatoes n onions!!!!!!!! but first you have to find me.....lol.....:)

Unfortunately I had to put away the Trailer til spring :( It's getting colder here and I ran out of vac time......yep only 14 more to go til retirement...:) LOL

15. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

Ha, ha,ha, I read all of them and I don't want to hear any more people saying, what type of pill are you taking for diet ! Camping or RV camping as better defined should be in memory of the old pioneers and those people were eating very little and working very hard and not the vice versa........
    Ladies and gentlemen, do you realize that we are spending out outdoor vacations (funny words) in an environment better than, most of us, got at home and on top of that, we are not working , we are spending our leisure time (all day long and part of the night included) by chatting with neighbors, or fishing or.... never mind that or at the bar refreshing ourselves and relaxing for having done nothing at all and to recuperate our energies, we eat what it is explained above..
    People, let's be serious and from now on this will be a guideline for a proper camper:
    MORNING = Get up at 06:30 AM, one cup of coffee and go for a stroll for ONE HOUR; back to the trailer or motor home (depending how rich you are and have an HALF a bowl of cereals with HALF a cup of skin milk and not more than 3 strawberries.
    Finish brak... shave, of curse if you are a man, women ! it is their business if they wish to keep the natural winter's coat on their legs, then out for 2 hours hiking or rowing or tennis and/or.. no, looking at the grass grow is not considered a useful exercise, then back to the trailer or MH.
    LUNCH = I would suggest before sitting at the table to wash your face and hands because after the morning walk, you must be sweat and tired.. for lunch a bowl of soup with 3 crackers; an egg sandwich with cheese, diet cheese and NO mayonnaise or other fattening ingredients and of course, to wash it down, TAKE A BOTTLE OF WATER not beer and you may close with a good cup of coffee, with no Sucre.
    DINNER = ... Ho let's forget, no one will follow my suggestion and I am sure that all of you will hate me for what I said above.
    ENJOY your vacation and make the promise that you will start a NEW diet once back at home ha,ha, ha,ha

16. graysonrvtech

graysonrvtech
    Expand Collapse

Southern Cornbread Cakes

These are easy and good with just about anything.

Heat up a well-seasoned greased cast iron skillet.

Mix:

1 Cup Buttermilk (Nothin' else will do)
    1 Cup Self-Rising Cornmeal, White or Yellow
    1 Egg

Cook just like pancakes. Serve them with BBQ anything, or drench them in honey, or whatever you like.