Recommend A North San Diego Rv Park

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by AshleyAnne, Oct 17, 2006.

1. AshleyAnne

AshleyAnne
    Expand Collapse

I plan to spend Thanksgiving in Del Mar [north San Diego].

Can you recommend a good, nearby RV park? I've not been able to find anything nearby.

I have a 40' coach pulling.

Thanks,
    Larry Rebich

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Larry,

last year we were on tour in a rental car around San Diego and stopped at Mission Bay for information off I-5. I think it was around exit 22. This place had a very nice RV park off to the right as you drive in. It may be "Campland on the Bay". Look at www.campland.com and see if this place is what you are looking for. You also have "Bernardo Shores RV Resort" on south end of city. Check out the "Coronado Hotel" to see a one of a kind wood Hotel. Very nice place!

Have a good time.

3. AshleyAnne

AshleyAnne
    Expand Collapse

John:

Thanks for the info. I stayed at Campland on the Bay once about 5 years ago. It was pretty dismal. Has it improved any?

I'd still like to stay further north, near Del Mar.

Perhaps I will look at the Santa Fe Park RV Resort, San Diego

Larry Rebich

4. mso

mso
    Expand Collapse

Larry,

Not many nice parks in coastal San Diego for a coach your size. Nicest is the Sate Park in S. Carlsbad but I don't think a 40 footer will fit. The only highly rated park is a Sunland Resort in Escondido off El Norte. Would be listed under Escondido but that's roughly a 35 - 40 mile drive to Del Mar and you need to avoid the rush hour"s" traffic. 6:00AM-10:00AM and 3:00PM-6:30PM. It's awful!! Enjoy our city. B)