Rename Campground Name

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bonscott, Jul 22, 2008.

1. bonscott

bonscott
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where to report this so I thought I'd post it here.

In Michigan, city of Middleville there are reviews for the "Gun Lake Campground". This is actually the Yankee Springs Rec Area. I would suggest this be renamed to "Yankee Springs Gun Lake Campground" because people will search on Yankee Springs, not Gun Lake. I also just posted a review of the other campground at Yankee Springs which is about 8-10 miles away from Gun Lake. I named it "Yankee Springs Deep Lake Rustic" so not to confuse it with the Gun Lake unit.

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bonscott @ Jul 22 2008, 11:57 AM) [snapback]12370[/snapback]

Not sure where to report this so I thought I'd post it here.

In Michigan, city of Middleville there are reviews for the "Gun Lake Campground". This is actually the Yankee Springs Rec Area. I would suggest this be renamed to "Yankee Springs Gun Lake Campground" because people will search on Yankee Springs, not Gun Lake. I also just posted a review of the other campground at Yankee Springs which is about 8-10 miles away from Gun Lake. I named it "Yankee Springs Deep Lake Rustic" so not to confuse it with the Gun Lake unit.

Looks like the admins are "on the ball," looks like it has been fixed.

JJ

3. bonscott

bonscott
    Expand Collapse

No kidding. Nice job admins!

4. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

While the administrators are at it, maybe they can delete the Eagle Plains campground under Whitehorse, Yukon. For some reason it got put under Whitehorse when it is in fact in the "community" of Eagle Plains. The same campground is already listed under Eagle Plains. Thanks in advance.