Resorts In Indio Or Palm Springs

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Lois2, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Lois2

Lois2
    Expand Collapse

We are looking at booking 2 weeks at the Outdoor Resort Indio in Feb 2009 but I am a little concerned about the weather in Feb. I would love to find an area where the weather would be in the 70's in Feb. am I looking in the right spot or do I need to look in Florida?

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Lois,

If you surf to:http://www.wunderground.com/you can enter the town/city you are looking at then scroll down to where it says "history & almanac" you can select the date and year to see how things were. Once at the history one can select a week, or a month to get some idea of what happened a year ago--and make a guess as to this year.

QUOTE(Lois2 @ Aug 26 2008, 09:45 AM) [snapback]12944[/snapback]

We are looking at booking 2 weeks at the Outdoor Resort Indio in Feb 2009 but I am a little concerned about the weather in Feb. I would love to find an area where the weather would be in the 70's in Feb. am I looking in the right spot or do I need to look in Florida?

3. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

You never know what your going to get in Indio at that time of the year. Its cosidered the high desert, the wind can blow pretty good and it can get real cold at night and the days can be a bit chilly. If your looking for warmth go to florida your odds are much better. Hope this helps, oh yea I lived in southern cal my whole life and just moved out here to NC.

4. davidwalker

davidwalker
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lois2 @ Aug 26 2008, 09:45 AM) [snapback]12944[/snapback]

We stayed in Desert Hot Srings(5 miles north of Palm Springs) in Feb, 2008. The highs were comfortly in the 60s/low 70s as I recall. The winds were bothersome given the desert dust. I played golf weekly in spite of the wind.