Resquest For Search Feature - Search By Price Range.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Joseph PAul, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Joseph PAul

Joseph PAul
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

We bought an old class C motor home about a year and a half ago (for $8000) and have already taken it across Canada (to Halifax and Vancouver). When we go out we are often looking for a place to stay that is fairly inexpensive. We don't need a lot of services (15-Amp electricity is nice). I am starting to plan a trip in April to the US (to get an early start on Summer) and I am finding many campgrounds that charge more then $50/night. It would be great to find a way to show only the campgrounds that cost less then a given amount.

Joey

2. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

We found that State and County Parks are much cheaper and sometimes they are real jewels.
    Of course, it just depends on what services you are looking for. National Parks also have some very nice places. Many of the State and County have been upgraded to fit the needs of the 'camping' in todays rigs. When planning your trip, check out each state's website for the State Parks. Also another option is the Corp of Engineers Campground. I believe you might find more information on those at ReserveAmerica.com (not real sure about the exact website)
    It can be rough on the budget when you have to $35+ for an overnight stop. B)

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Joey,

Try this website!

http://freecampgrounds.com/

They list campgrounds at $10.00 and under.

QUOTE(Joseph PAul @ Dec 4 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]5561[/snapback]

Hello,

We bought an old class C motor home about a year and a half ago (for $8000) and have already taken it across Canada (to Halifax and Vancouver). When we go out we are often looking for a place to stay that is fairly inexpensive. We don't need a lot of services (15-Amp electricity is nice). I am starting to plan a trip in April to the US (to get an early start on Summer) and I am finding many campgrounds that charge more then $50/night. It would be great to find a way to show only the campgrounds that cost less then a given amount.

Joey

4. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Joey,

While I understand your request, there are numerous factors that contribute to the fee charged by campgrounds. For an example; amenities, discounts, time of year, etc,etc. The factors are many. You maybe able to obtain a range, but that won't give you the actuate answer either. The "directories" are not actuate as they all list the fee paid the previous year. Even the fees listed in the reviews here for a certain campground, and or resort, are not all the same for whatever the reason. Looks like you can not depend on the fees listed to be correct, but wish you good luck in your future ventures.