Review Dates

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Roving Woodie, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Roving Woodie

Roving Woodie
    Expand Collapse

I read the list of new reviews every day and read reviews of parks in which I have some interest. What I find is that the new review is not always the first one on the list. In fact, it is hard to figure out sometimes which review is the new one. An example is a review posted today for Disney's Fort Wilderness. I clicked on this review and the top review was one that I had read before. Can someone explain the order in which reviews are posted as well as a way to figure out which review matches the one in the new review listing.

BTW I would like to give a great big THANK YOU to the people who run this web site and all of you who post here. I am compulsive about planning trips, and I rely heavily on what I find here to decide where to stay. I find the reviews to be very helpful and mostly accurate. I also make it my business to post reviews of every web site we stay in.

Woodie

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I think the date order is what you need to look at. Say a person did a review in Jan 2007 but this was the first one. Them in May 2007 he did a second one, now in Aug. 2007 up comes number three and all three reviews go on line. So one in Jan. will drop down under other reviews that come in at later dates. I think a note went out from webmaster over this change some time back. Look at the dates.

I hope this will help.

3. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Aug 29 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]8203[/snapback]

I think the date order is what you need to look at. Say a person did a review in Jan 2007 but this was the first one. Them in May 2007 he did a second one, now in Aug. 2007 up comes number three and all three reviews go on line. So one in Jan. will drop down under other reviews that come in at later dates. I think a note went out from webmaster over this change some time back. Look at the dates.

I hope this will help.

John is right, they used to be ordered by review submission date under each park, but we changed the order to date they stayed at the park. That way if a park had a problem time and has improved or declined, the review order and score order should make this clearer.

The latest review, if linked off the main screen, should be highlighted with a pinkish background, making it a little easier to locate.

--
    Webmaster

4. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Webmaster @ Aug 30 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]8205[/snapback]

QUOTE(John Blue @ Aug 29 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]8203[/snapback]

I hope this will help.

John is right, they used to be ordered by review submission date under each park, but we changed the order to date they stayed at the park. That way if a park had a problem time and has improved or declined, the review order and score order should make this clearer.

The latest review, if linked off the main screen, should be highlighted with a pinkish background, making it a little easier to locate.

--
    Webmaster

To the webmaster:
    It works just as you describe it. This is a top website, unluttered and no advertising. I am very happy I found it, use it all the time to plan my trips. I also post eacg campground I use that is not in here yet. For the ones that are listed, I comment only if there is a significant difference in my experience with the other reviews of the same park. I don't think we need hundreds of reviews that basically say the same thing about a park.
    Thank you for doing such a generous, professional job!

5. Roving Woodie

Roving Woodie
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone for the clarification. I never noticed the pinkish background on some of the reviews. Keep up the great work.