Review From 2006???

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by gilda, Jan 31, 2009.

1. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I can't be sure, but I would bet that this is a review that was on hold until the person submitted three reviews. They must have submitted the third one just recently which released the first two they did. Unfortunately one of them was from 2006. I don't know if you noticed, but there were actually two newly posted reviews from 2006. Again I don't know, but maybe someone did both of them in 2006 and didn't do another until now. Just a guess. And by the way I do agree that these are too old to be of value now.

3. pilgrim

pilgrim
    Expand Collapse

As I stated in another response, one of the opening threads states "exciting changes" on the way. This thread was started in 2004! Also, when the state of Ohio is opened to check on camp-grounds therein, it tells us the "Governor of Ohio is..........." a man that has been OUT OF OFFICE for two years! Mr. Taft is NOT the governor of Ohio. I know, it really is not a biggie, but for those that look at this information for accuracy, things like that doesn't help!

Thank you. I feel better now.

I really like this website - I like looking for comments by folks that have been there. It's helpful learning how to read between the lines and trying to understand why someone is really upset over the way they were treated, good or bad, and it has a strong influence on the rating they may give that cg. All in all, it is one of the few I use when I plan our trips. We just need to keep the information up to date and accurate.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pilgrim @ Feb 5 2009, 08:19 PM) [snapback]15069[/snapback]

...Mr. Taft is NOT the governor of Ohio. ...

What a riot !
    Although I've not a clue who is the current governor of Ohio...you've got me curious enough to review States which I am familiar.
    Welcome aboard Pilgrim...and thanks for keeping us on our toes!
    B)

5. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Gilda,

Were there other reviews of this camping location? If not, I'd rather have a review from 2006 than nothing.

QUOTE(gilda @ Jan 31 2009, 05:01 PM) [snapback]14998[/snapback]

Today, I noticed a review (very bad review, I must add) for July 2006 ??? What up with that? This review is 2 1/2 years old. The park may have changed hands, sold, improved, gotten worse..who knows? Please, please, be sure to carefully read all of the reviews and the date. This seems unfair to me.

6. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Gilda,

You do look at the dates. Why would you assume no one else bothers? If a campground *really* wants folks to see what they are getting then they might consider running a web cam--so folks can wysiwygbfygi.

QUOTE(gilda @ Feb 9 2009, 02:51 PM) [snapback]15121[/snapback]

How fair would it be for a 3 year old review to pop up after millions of dollars were spent on improvements?----------Just my opinion.

Most people don't look at the dates, just the review.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are forgetting (or ignoring) one major feature of this website. When a review is posted it is placed in chronological order under the campground listing. So a review that was for July 2006 will be posted with all the other July 2006 reviews. If the park is completely different in 2009 (better or worse) the 2006 review will not affect its newer ratings because the 2006 review will not be seen as a new review in with the 2009 reviews.

Now before you remind me, I know that same 2006 review is also posted on the "new" review page, but as pointed out the date of the review is shown. Some people may not notice this date, but I think most will. Besides when members search for parks I'll bet almost everyone searches by going to the state and town. I can't believe that people only browse the "new" review page to find parks in the areas they are going. If they do search by state and town they will easily be able to see all the current reviews (if one has been submitted), but if they want to they can also see a history of the place by reading the older reviews.

Sometime back removing older reviews was discussed in the forum, but there were mixed opinions, as usual. Anyway no action was taken. As I stated in another post I am guessing that some of these older reviews are coming in because someone has finally submitted their third review. It is unfortunate when that happens, but because of the chronological listing I don't think these reviews are making much of a difference in the camprgound's current status.

9. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gilda @ Feb 9 2009, 12:51 PM) [snapback]15121[/snapback]

Most people don't look at the dates, just the review.

I most certainly look at dates... :D
    If a park has ONLY a review from many moons ago...I then dig out my Trailer Life...AND click on their weblink to insure it's still accepting customers.
    B)

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

pianotuna,

I'm familiar with wysiwyg, but not the last part: bfygi. What does that mean? Thanks.

11. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Feb 13 2009, 04:51 AM) [snapback]15140[/snapback]

pianotuna,

I'm familiar with wysiwyg, but not the last part: bfygi. What does that mean? Thanks.

I'm assuming "before you go in"

12. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi TX, and HappiestCamper

wysiswygbygit = What you see is what you get before you get it

I did this to tease someone LOL (They know whom they are)

QUOTE(HappiestCamper @ Feb 13 2009, 11:58 AM) [snapback]15142[/snapback]

I'm assuming "before you go in"

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

"Before you get it." That makes since. I had just never seen that tacked on the end. Thanks.