Review Procedure Question

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RLM, Aug 14, 2007.

1. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I was recently looking for a Corp park in a particular area were I am currently traveling. I logged into the website to search for reviews, but didn't find anything, so I picked one "out of the book." I have since discovered that there are several Corp campgrounds in this area, but again none of them have been reviewed on this website.

What is the protocol for submitting a campground review if you have not stayed in it? I haven't found any rules that cover this situation. I drove thru each of the campgrounds and made detailed notes to address most of the items one would most likely need to know about a particular campground. I personally would prefer some information on a campground rather than none at all, but is that the way to do business on the website?

2. Sunflyer

Sunflyer
    Expand Collapse

I've seen reviews several times before where folks gave their impression and stated that they didn't stay for one reason or another. Often those reviews were due to very negative situations but I can't think of a reason you couldn't submit a positive one. IMHO Some information would be better than none.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I'm not in charge here, but I think as long as you state that you haven't actually stayed there, only drove through or "whatever", there shouldn't be a problem. It's still an opinion just like every other review on here.
    Send the webmaster a PM and ask.

4. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I agree with Sunflyer, If folks can post a negative review without stay, why not a positive one?
    As long as you make it clear that you didn't stay there.

5. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but I don't believe "drive bys" should count as reviews. It does not matter if the review is positive or negative. There is no way you could understand the condition of the bathrooms, pool, wifi connection, or general atmosphere of the campground without spending the night. Yes, they are just opinions but if "drive bys" will be accepted, then why not have people take "virtual tours" via the web & send in those reviews as well??

6. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

They have aready been excepted, and if you except the negitive ones than why not the positive. How ever I do agree that it never should have started.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

If you were intending to stay or checking out several places and evaluated it either positively or negatively, I would see no problem with informing the others of what you saw. I have frequently checked out several places and chosen the best of two good ones though. You wouldn't be able to fill out about the cleanlyness of the restrooms and other thinks, but it shouldbe clearly stated you din't stay there.

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RLM @ Aug 14 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]7977[/snapback]

I was recently looking for a Corp park in a particular area were I am currently traveling. I logged into the website to search for reviews, but didn't find anything, so I picked one "out of the book." I have since discovered that there are several Corp campgrounds in this area, but again none of them have been reviewed on this website.

What is the protocol for submitting a campground review if you have not stayed in it? I haven't found any rules that cover this situation. I drove thru each of the campgrounds and made detailed notes to address most of the items one would most likely need to know about a particular campground. I personally would prefer some information on a campground rather than none at all, but is that the way to do business on the website?

I would not comment on a C/G without staying in it unless it had never been reviewed before. I have no interest in padding my review list. And, I would not post if it weren’t a positive review. I wondered why a number of campgrounds in the vicinity of each other had no review.

I agree that a “drive-by” is not appropriate. However, most of the default blocks we check on a review page aren’t based on actually being on the pad anyway. I suspect that there are reviews that come from a short overnighter. How detailed can they be?

I think most of us who’ve been RVing for a long time have enough experience to add objective information to the default items. I took some time to check out the things that one would normally review if staying in the C/G – bathhouse, playground, access roads, level sites, hook-ups, amenities, etc.

The theory is to have information so that we can make a better choice in selecting a campground. That’s not possible when no information exists, but I understand the objections listed in the threads. As suggested, I’ll PM the administrator on this issue.