Reviewing A Park Off An Magazine Article

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by westernrvparkowner, May 26, 2009.

1. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

There was a review posted recently about Tampa East RV resort. The poster apparently has never laid eyes on the park or even attempted to stay there. They posted a review based on an article in Highways magazine. Should this be acceptable? Can I review a park because I read about it? How about reviewing it and giving it a 10 because it looked nice in the ad or on it's website? I am not questioning Highways Magazine, I am sure they are a good source, but how many times are there comments in these postings that say "I Don't understand how Woodalls or Trailer Life rated it so high". I thought that this site was for reviews of parks that the reviewer had some connection to. I don't think it should be for posting reviews where the only information the poster had was from a second hand source.

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

I agree. If one hasn't stayed overnight, they shouldn't rate a campground. The exception to this - and even I don't think it should be allowed - is if one specifically states they haven't been there and the rating is because the place is closed or some other unusual reason.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I agree. However, I think it would be appropriate to post the "review" comments in the forum.

4. gilda

gilda
    Expand Collapse

deleted

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(gilda @ May 26 2009, 04:51 PM) [snapback]16624[/snapback]

From a magazine article???

All I'm saying is that the comments that were submitted as a review would have been OK in a forum topic. I don't think a review should have been submitted based solely on a magazine article. However, if I recall correctly the reviewer talked about having trouble reaching the park and somthing else I can't remember. I see no problem with reporting these things in the forum.

6. westernrvparkowner

westernrvparkowner
    Expand Collapse

The administrator removed the post. Job well done. I believe that such actions by the administrator keeps this site relevant and a great resource. Three cheers.

7. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to say this but the information is more or less true. We live near this place. I agree removing review was the correct action to take.

8. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

What makes this web site so good is the reviews by the campers that have STAYED there. I probably use this site more than trailer life. I do however take each negative review with a grain of salt. Usually there are several reviews of a campground and I can get a "feel" for the place.