Reviews

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by JustDon, Dec 1, 2017.

1. JustDon

JustDon
    Expand Collapse

I like doing reviews, but when I only stay a night it's hard to say what there was to do.
    I like doing reviews especially on parks that's haven't been reviewed but if I'M only
    be there one night what can I say, I know my review is supposed to help other rver's to be interested in the park I review!
    All I want to say is the parks there and details about that. I am I just missing something?
    We don't eat out like a lot like some so I can't speak much about the local restaurants.
    Thanks don't mean to be negative

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Reviews don't need to be extensive to be helpful. Mentioning the general condition of the park, the efficiency/helpfulness of the check-in process, the size and levelness of your site, the placement of the utilities, the availability and usefulness of the WiFi, the availability of cell signals, and so on, are all useful clues to the park status that can be seen even with just a one night stay. Anything additional that you observe that might be helpful to others considering the park would also be useful of course.

3. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

A lot of us only stay one night at a park while traveling to a destination. I, and I'm sure others, would be happy to hear that the park was easy to find, the access roads were good, check in was quick easy, the clerk was friendly, informative and easy to understand. Wifi was wonderful, The utilities were placed where they need to be and all worked good. The site had a good concrete pad as well as a fire pit and picnic table. Did you get a good night sleep or did road, train or airplane noise keep you awake? You can add a few words about permanents too. There are some folks that would rather not stay at parks that cater to this clientele. Most parks these days have a few. I don't have an issue with this type of user as long as their sites are neat and tidy, That usually means the park management has things under control. I will make a comment if the place is really trashy. If you were to visit for a few days or weeks you could add a few words but most folks are more interested in what you can discover in the first hour or so. You can pass on a lot of good information by just being aware of your surroundings for about 20 minutes.

We rarely eat out but let others know if there is food or groceries within walking distance. If a person doesn't want to spend a lot of time breaking camp for an early departure just knowing that food services are near helps.

We are looking for your observations and opinion. A few lines are better than none.

NYDutch likes this.
  4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Wow! You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly the kind of information that makes a good review.