Road Warning

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by janchuckscw, Oct 16, 2007.

1. janchuckscw

janchuckscw
    Expand Collapse

Just a word of advice to all of you rv'ers. Do not travel Rt 69/75 in Oklahoma. It is absolutely the worst road I have ever traveled on.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Last year in October we drove Hwy 69 from the Texas border just north of Denison all the way up to US 40. Is this the route you are talking about? Back then we didn't notice anything bad. What has happened to it? Maybe you were on a different road because 75 and 69 don't seem to be the same route. It looks like 75 runs to the west of 69. I'm asking because we are thinking of going that way again soon.

3. janchuckscw

janchuckscw
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Oct 16 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]8708[/snapback]

Last year in October we drove Hwy 69 from the Texas border just north of Denison all the way up to US 40. Is this the route you are talking about? Back then we didn't notice anything bad. What has happened to it? Maybe you were on a different road because 75 and 69 don't seem to be the same route. It looks like 75 runs to the west of 69. I'm asking because we are thinking of going that way again soon.

From Denison North to Atoka, OK 69/75 share the same road. At Atoka 75 does split off and go west and north. The part of Rt 69 that is the worse is headed South from I-44 (Will Rogers Turnpike). We hit a hole in the road that was so bad that the tv case over the drivers head shattered.