Rocky Mountain National Park Camping

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by dkaywallace, Apr 1, 2005.

1. dkaywallace

dkaywallace
    Expand Collapse

We are considering going out west the 1st full week in June. Is that to early to go to Colorado? Any suggestions for where to camp...I've researched Estes Park...is it crowded?

2. montana

montana
    Expand Collapse

I've never camped IN the park as we like full hookups.There are several rv parks in the area and most of them have websites.I guess it just depends on what your looking for.Have fun and post when you return.

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Guess by now you have already made your trek to our fair state as you mentioned the first week of June. Elk Meadow is our favorite rv park in Estes.
    It is not inside the National Park but right outside the entrance. The views are beautiful - very nice store, and very friendly staff. However, the sites are not paved. That has not been a problem to us. There is a playground and a pool. Sites are large and it is very relaxing to sit outside and look at the mountains. They also have cable tv - I believe it was 68 channels available when we were last there, which was last summer. Will definitely stay at this park again.

4. travelin_wilbury

travelin_wilbury
    Expand Collapse

That is a good time to go. But the main pass through the park may still have snow, it all depends on how the winter has been up there. We went memorial weekend once and ran into snow squalls here and there but we saw alot of elk, especially on the main golf course. We have camped in the park itself but only tented it and then in July. It is more crowded and spendier then but more things are open around town. Have fun. It's a great town. Also check out Grand Lake on the other side of the Park. B)