Route Assistance From Reno,nevada To Eureka,ca

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by A.E.Michell, Mar 25, 2009.

1. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

Looking for any help for the best and safest route from Route 80 in Reno to Eureka,Ca. My destination is Hwy.101.We will be traveling in a 40 ft. motorhome with a toad in the middle of May. Also,what is it like going through Sacramento? Thanks!

2. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

We take I-80 to Sacramento and then I-5 north to Hwy 20 at Williams over to Hwy 101 up to Trinidad which is just north of Eureka with our MH & Toad.

This is a very easy route to travel, only item to avoid is morning and evening rush hour going through Sacramento area. You want to pass through there 9am -3pm for minimal traffic.

Hwy 20 will take you right past Clear Lake and is a very easy highway to travel, minimal hills and what there are have passing lanes.

It is about a 10 hour drive from Reno proper so you might want to break the drive into 2 days. There are lots of RV parks along hwy 20 in the Clear Lake area, (Clear Lake is about 1/2 way), but it is also a very popular tourist destination so you might want to make reservations.

What ever route you take, don't take 299 out of Redding over to 101, it's not a MH toad friendly route, just to many hills, sharp turns, etc. It's great in a car, just not in a MH.

3. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Browzin @ Mar 26 2009, 10:57 PM) [snapback]15632[/snapback]

We take I-80 to Sacramento and then I-5 north to Hwy 20 at Williams over to Hwy 101 up to Trinidad which is just north of Eureka with our MH & Toad.

This is a very easy route to travel, only item to avoid is morning and evening rush hour going through Sacramento area. You want to pass through there 9am -3pm for minimal traffic.

Hwy 20 will take you right past Clear Lake and is a very easy highway to travel, minimal hills and what there are have passing lanes.

It is about a 10 hour drive from Reno proper so you might want to break the drive into 2 days. There are lots of RV parks along hwy 20 in the Clear Lake area, (Clear Lake is about 1/2 way), but it is also a very popular tourist destination so you might want to make reservations.

What ever route you take, don't take 299 out of Redding over to 101, it's not a MH toad friendly route, just to many hills, sharp turns, etc. It's great in a car, just not in a MH.

Thanks for the help..we went to AAA but there were not much help. There is nothing better than asking another RV'r! What a great forum.