Routing Help From Ky To Murrells Inlet Sc

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Ricky n, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Ricky n

Ricky n
    Expand Collapse

In a couple of weeks I will be making the voyage from Central KY near Lexington to Murrells Inlet SC. I was wanting to know if anyone has any insight on this trip or at least the best route across SC. Looks Like i will head down I75 to Knoxville TN then head east/southeast on I40 to Asheville NC. From there head south east on I26 to Columbia SC. Now here is where I'm not sure which way would be easier. Google says to take I20 to Camden then take then take Highway 521 thru Sumpter and several other cities out to Georgetown then jump on 17 to head north to Murrells inlet.

Is that the best route to drag a 31 foot travel trailer thru SC. I was thinking that a route that took me down I 26 farther might be better. Any one who knows SC please help me out. Or if these Highways are big nice highways and this route would be fine. Thank you in advance for your help. Just dont want spend all day fighting traffic and small winding roads.

Any tips on Murrells Inlet. we are staying at huntington beach state park

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Ricky n,

I would take Hwy 378 from Columbia to Hwy 17 at Myrtle Beach, turn south down to Murrells Inlet. This is 55 MPH road and less miles to drive than the other routes. You should have no problem with this route. We have been all over the state and roads as a rule are good. Murrells Inlet is a growing little place and has a number of places to eat fish. Lots of deep sea fishing boats dock here and call this home. Good reviews on State Park.

3. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi Ricky N,

We like Huntington Beach State Park. Just across is Brookgreen Gardens that might be interesting. If you give a little more info on your group and your interests it will be easier to help you with hints on the area.

4. Ricky n

Ricky n
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(wprigge @ Jun 7 2011, 03:21 PM) [snapback]26354[/snapback]

Hi Ricky N,

We like Huntington Beach State Park. Just across is Brookgreen Gardens that might be interesting. If you give a little more info on your group and your interests it will be easier to help you with hints on the area.

4 adults. 5 kids 4 to 10