Rv Emergency Road Service

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Bud in Florida, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

I have had Good Sam ERS for a couple of years. the price is now up to $109.95. I am thinking of changing. I think Camping World's service is the same as Good Sam. I am not sure if I can get the intro rate or not. I did get some information from Thum Insurance in Michigan, through whom I purchased an extended warranty with a company called National Safe Driver. Anyone have any experience with any of these or other services?

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

I've always felt that, for MHers, the best is CoachNet. That being said, this year I went with Good Sam because they offered a rate of $79, and idiot that I am, I decided that it would be better to save $30 than to get the kind of service I really like with CoachNet. No one ever accused me of being a rocket scientist!

3. campingandtravels.blogspot.com

We were able to add ERS to our insurance (State Farm of Oregon) for a few dollars, less than $15 a year, and it's comparable to the other ERS services we've seen out there. Might be something to check-out with your agent.

Happy Travels!
    Suzanne
    http://www.campingandtravels.com

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Bud,

We have used CoachNet of years now and had great service so far. We had a tow one time and that towing bill would paid the Coachnet bill for years to come. We have talk to them on phone over small problems we had on road and I could fix the problem from information received over the phone. We try hard to fix everything at home before it is a problem and so far it is working well.

5. Bud in Florida

Bud in Florida
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Feb 25 2009, 11:14 AM) [snapback]15246[/snapback]

Bud,

We have used CoachNet of years now and had great service so far. We had a tow one time and that towing bill would paid the Coachnet bill for years to come. We have talk to them on phone over small problems we had on road and I could fix the problem from information received over the phone. We try hard to fix everything at home before it is a problem and so far it is working well.

Thanks John I called them today and they are sending me information.

6. stonybirch

stonybirch
    Expand Collapse

We recently changed insurance companies to consolidate things. When checking found several insurances that will not cover towing on a RV! That came as a surprise to us. Sometimes it's difficult to locate a tow service that can handle an RV, especially in more ruraL areas. We previously had Good Sam Road Service, but only used it once and that was for a our truck. Also check with your auto insurance to see if you can remove some of the coverage on the RV when not in use. It can make for a nice savings on the yearly premium. Guess the main thing is SERVICE--some are better than other period.