Rv For Couple In Fl

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by workaholic90, Oct 20, 2009.

1. workaholic90

workaholic90
    Expand Collapse

Ok so I have RV'd a few times with my pops but he recently bought a park model so is now allowing us to use his 35' Bounder RV. We wanna go somewhere in Florida my old-man has never RV'd and has lead a pretty spoiled life. We are in our early-mid 30's, no kids and would like to be at a place where we can open the door and walk right on to the beach and sun-bathe........

I looked at Blue Water Key but that looks like center of town is almost 30 minutes away. We are open to go anywhere in Florida late December early January.

Please help with your suggestions!

Thanks,
    Jackie

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jackie,

What part of FL would you like to tour? The state is very long and has tons of parks. Some are on the water and lots are not. Do you like COE parks or State parks? Do you like to live in high dollar places or run of the mill? More information would be a good start.

3. workaholic90

workaholic90
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Oct 20 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]19626[/snapback]

Jackie,

What part of FL would you like to tour? The state is very long and has tons of parks. Some are on the water and lots are not. Do you like COE parks or State parks? Do you like to live in high dollar places or run of the mill? More information would be a good start.

Higher End places and like I mentioned we can drive anywhere in Florida as long as it is a great site. Not really interested in a State Park either.

Thanks for your help and we welcome any and all ideas!

4. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jackie,

This will take me some time to look into a good site. Like joez said times will be tough here soon as all the parks will be full for winter months. You have a little time yet but then you will need to travel out of here as the snowbirds fly down.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Jackie,

Look at the map of USA on home page. Now click on FL You will see a map with Blue dots. Use the + key to drill down into map. Stop on any dot and it will tell you what city that dot it. Each dot is a city that has a campground rated by RV people. Look on left side and you will see the list of cities or towns. This will help you find nice campgrounds.

Look at the parks below.

Fort De Soto County campground in Tierra Verde

Red Coconut RV Resort at Fort Myers Beach

W.P. Franklin COE park at Tice

Riverbend Motorcoach Resort at Alva

Ortona South COE at Ortona

Pelican Lake Motorcoach Resort at Naples

Crystal lake RV Resort at Naples

Parks in the Keys will cost from $100 to 150 per night if you can get into one. FL State Parks are the only park that will be in the $26 dollar range.

This will help to get you started but remember by the first of Jan. this place has the No Vacancy signs out everyplace you go.

7. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

You will find the parks on the West coast of Florida cheaper and just as much fun. Generally speaking the closer to the water you are, the more expensive they are and the closer together they are. This is just an economic fact. For this reason, we try to avoid the beach front placs. You might try Cedar Key, it has several nice waterfront parks and is off the beaten path. The town is just a few miles away and has a lot of things to do. See link below of our trip to Cedar Key to get and idea.

http://www.linandnancy.com/cedkeyswan1.html

8. jan-n-john

jan-n-john
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(workaholic90 @ Oct 20 2009, 11:50 AM) [snapback]19617[/snapback]

Ok so I have RV'd a few times with my pops but he recently bought a park model so is now allowing us to use his 35' Bounder RV. We wanna go somewhere in Florida my old-man has never RV'd and has lead a pretty spoiled life. We are in our early-mid 30's, no kids and would like to be at a place where we can open the door and walk right on to the beach and sun-bathe........

I looked at Blue Water Key but that looks like center of town is almost 30 minutes away. We are open to go anywhere in Florida late December early January.

Please help with your suggestions!

Thanks,
    Jackie

If you want to do a little work yourself, here's a way to use this site to find what you are looking for.

Click on "Campground Search" up at the top of this and every page, and pick a town in Florida on the coast about 99 miles in from the beginning of where you might consider staying. For example, if the furthest north you would consider is Jacksonville, pick a place about 99 miles south of Jax.

Set the filter to "yes" for waterfront location. Leave the rest of the filters alone unless something else is important to you.

Set the search radius at 100 miles.

Click it to start the search.

The computer will list out all parks within 100 miles north and south and inland of the city you specified that have a waterfront location, ie a coastal range of 200 miles. You can now start looking down the list for the type of waterfront for each park--most will be lake or river front, but some will be ocean. Many of the oceanfront ones will be state parks, but with luck some will fit your criterion.

Click on the specific ones, if any, that look good to you and you will be taken to their detailed listings. Check carefully just how "oceanfront" they really are--you will find that is a slippery definition.

After you exhaust the list, select a new base city about 200 miles from the first one and do the process again, until you have worked your way all around the coast of Florida. In the end, you will have, at least in theory, located all ocean front parks in Florida.

It's a bit tedious, but still the fastest and easiest way I know to find all the parks that may be of interest to you.

BTW, to me the search function is the best thing about this site, and in my book the thing that really puts it way ahead of every other RV Park site I have seen.