RV Life GPS With Android Auto Integration.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Stan Allard, Jul 5, 2024.

1. Stan Allard

Stan Allard
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone else used the new RV Life GPS with Android Auto? I ask because I tried it on my recent trip and was disappointed with the integration. I had high hopes when I was notified of the integration. But my hopes were crushed after just a few minutes.

Some issues I encounter, it was extremely difficult to figure out how to search along my route. Once I did figure it out, the search feature worked great. However, the app crashed in Android Auto as soon as I selected a destination from the search list. When the app restarted it had a dark almost blacked out theme and my route was gone. I had to restart the app on my phone and then restart my navigation. Which, to say the least is difficult when driving. I tried several times with the same results each time.

I finally gave up using the app and went back to Google Maps on Android Auto.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

^^ There's a "Contact us" on the bottom of this page, where you can post your question.

I have Android Auto on my 2022 F-150. I know this is relatively new so I was planning on trying it next year. :cool:

Good luck
    Mike