RV Life or Not

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Sandflipper, Jul 7, 2024.

1. Sandflipper

Sandflipper
    Expand Collapse

My husband and I have been driving to Florida every year in February, starting in Sarasota area then to Loxahatchee area then back up to St. Augustine area and drove back home to NJ in April.
    Now we are older and find it hard to make that ride but still love to be traveling around in Florida.
    I’m trying to find the cheapest way we could still do this and any advice from experience you have.
    Should I leave the Motorhome in Florida or sell it and fly to a AIRBNB?
    Should I tow it to Florida or get someone to drive it?
    Should I buy into a trailer home at a RV Resort? But the HOA fees are $$$$
    Thank You in Advance

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

lots of variables, including your personal preferences and physical condition. Are you still comfortable driving the motorhome short distances safely? if so, i would hire someone to drive it to Florida, and find a place to store it near one of your destinations.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

When we were traveling from Upstate NY to southern GA and FL in January, returning in April, we never drove more than 4 hours a day, usually with a break around the 2 hour mark. When we stopped for the night we usually just plugged in unless we needed to dump. On the coldest nights early in the trip we didn't run the slide out to minimize the area needing heat. At 80 and 81, we'd still be doing it if health issues hadn't caught up to us.

4. garmp

garmp
    Expand Collapse

Very timely thread, as we find ourselves approaching the same issues. Not quite 80 yet, but health issues have been mounting. We still want to travel and find flying not to be the answer. So much to consider with selling our coach, finding nice outdoor places to stay and visist, etc. And of course cost is a major concern.