Rv Owners Deserve Respect!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Aug 11, 2008.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

All right, I want to write a nasty letter to the "Price is Right" show. RV owners deserve respect! (Um, No offense to anyone on here whose name might happen to be Thelma Lou....) :)

One of the "showcase" prizes was a very nice TT with a gym in it. Well, the "lovely lady" that was modeling the showcase, well, instead of the usual "lovely lady," they used a "lovely lady" but made her dress in the outrageous stereotype.

All kinds of people have RV's! That stereotype, well, we don't need it! :eek:

Ok, should I write a nasty letter? Or should I just laugh and ignore it? :unsure:

JJ

2. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Whatever you do, please don't start a poll :lol:

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

"should I write a nasty letter?"

Hard to say since I didn't see the show. Remember the movie RV with Robin Williams had some stereotyping in it. And it was funny. How bad was the costume and how mad are you????

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 11 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]12706[/snapback]

"should I write a nasty letter?"
    Hard to say since I didn't see the show. Remember the movie RV with Robin Williams had some stereotyping in it. And it was funny. How bad was the costume and how mad are you????

Ok, the movie "RV" had stereotyping, but Robin Williams' family kind of negated the stereotype, to me, so the movie was kind of "balanced."

I'm a bit hesitant to describe in detail, but, well...... let's just say..... they had the "lovely lady" looking kind of like, and dressing like, the wife that was in the bus RV in the movie, except on today's "Price is Right" the lady had dark red hair.

Maybe I'll just write a politely worded letter indicating that the "stereotype" was not appreciated and if you just come out and meet some RV owners, you would see that there are all types of people that drive RV's.

JJ

5. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I seen the show, and was not offended at all. Pease don't start a poll on who was offended. I find polls offensive.
    Come to think of it why would you have to ask the forum if you should write a letter to the show?

6. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Big Ben @ Aug 11 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]12711[/snapback]

I seen the show, and was not offended at all. Pease don't start a poll on who was offended. I find polls offensive.
    Come to think of it why would you have to ask the forum if you should write a letter to the show?

Don't worry, I'm not starting a poll. ANd, I just wanted opinions, and if people thought I was over-reacting, then I wouldn't write the letter.

JJ

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

JJ,

I like what you said in your last paragraph about the polite letter. Go for it.

8. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Aug 11 2008, 12:03 PM) [snapback]12702[/snapback]

All right, I want to write a nasty letter to the "Price is Right" show. RV owners deserve respect! (Um, No offense to anyone on here whose name might happen to be Thelma Lou....) :)

One of the "showcase" prizes was a very nice TT with a gym in it. Well, the "lovely lady" that was modeling the showcase, well, instead of the usual "lovely lady," they used a "lovely lady" but made her dress in the outrageous stereotype.

All kinds of people have RV's! That stereotype, well, we don't need it! :eek:

Ok, should I write a nasty letter? Or should I just laugh and ignore it? :unsure:

JJ

I'm thinkin someone has a little to much time on their hand's.

Just my opinion,

9. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Look on the bright side, the Price Is Right could have gotten these two to portray the "RV people"...

[​IMG].

Compared to them, I think Thelma Lou sounds lovely! LOL.

If you're going to write a letter to Price is Right, tell them to ditch Drew Carey...the guy is absolutely horrible! :eek:

10. Lee and Fran

Lee and Fran
    Expand Collapse

With red hair, maybe they were trying to stereo type the old Lucy Arnez from when she had her trailer and was a travelin. Oh good grief that might have been before your time. And I might be givin my age away. LOL Wish I had a copy of that old film.

11. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Lee and Fran @ Aug 12 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]12726[/snapback]

With red hair, maybe they were trying to stereo type the old Lucy Arnez from when she had her trailer and was a travelin. Oh good grief that might have been before your time. And I might be givin my age away. LOL Wish I had a copy of that old film.

I remember the "Lucy Show" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.... But I don't remember anything about a trailer.....

QUOTE(Rodman @ Aug 12 2008, 11:34 AM)
    I'm thinkin someone has a little to much time on their hand's.

That's fine, just asking for opinions.....

QUOTE(BBear @ Aug 12, 2008, 02:34 PM)
    If you're going to write a letter to Price is Right, tell them to ditch Drew Carey...the guy is absolutely horrible!

Well, he's definitely not Bob Barker.... I have always liked the "Drew Carey Show," but I was surprised he was picked to replace Bob Barker.... Drew likes to get "raunchy" and you can't do that on a game show....

JJ

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This will show my age, too, but I remember Lucy and the trailer. I think it was a movie with her and Desi--not part of the TV show. They played newly-weds, and for some reason they bought this huge trailer. At least it was huge for that time. They drove it somewhere and of course there were plenty of mishaps along the way. Come to think of it, it was sort of an early version of the RV movie. Maybe the Price Is Right was spoofing Lucy after all.

13. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

I seen the movie also. It was actually a moble home, and they towed it with a 1953 Mercury convertable. I beleive the name of it was the Long Long Trailer. Released in 1953. Think I've seen it in the vidio stores.

14. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

It shows up on Turner and/or Fox Classic Movies every now and then

15. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(DXSMac @ Aug 12 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]12735[/snapback]

Well, he's definitely not Bob Barker.... I have always liked the "Drew Carey Show," but I was surprised he was picked to replace Bob Barker.... Drew likes to get "raunchy" and you can't do that on a game show....

JJ

I don't think anyone will every replace Bob Barker, but they sure could have done better than Drew Carey...he wouldn't be half bad if he'd stop constantly mumbling and cutting off people when they're trying to speak, LOL!!! I think they should have gotten John O'Hurley...he'd be perfect. :)

JJ, did Thelma Lou look like this: :D

[​IMG]

16. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Good grief !!!!!!!

17. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ Aug 13 2008, 09:06 AM) [snapback]12741[/snapback]

JJ, did Thelma Lou look like this: :D

Great picture! Ok, now I think I know what movie you are talking about, and I have seen it. No, "Thelma Lou" had long dark red auburn hair, and it was "big hair," and dressed like the blonde in the RV bus in the "RV" movie.

JJ

18. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

And I always thought Thelma Lou looked like this:

[​IMG]

19. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

HappiestCamper and Big Ben> How about if I start a poll to see who likes polls???

20. chuckl

chuckl
    Expand Collapse

There is a KOA in Texarcana Texas that has the longest trailer on every night you sit out side and watch it it is still funny :D