Rv Park Recommendation For Ithaca Ny

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by kemory30075@yahoo.com, Apr 26, 2006.

1. kemory30075@yahoo.com

kemory30075@yahoo.com
    Expand Collapse

We are traveling to Ithaca NY for a late June wedding. We have found three state parks (Buttermilk Falls, Taughannock and Treman) and two private parks (Spruce Row and Pine Creek). Does anyone know if the Treman sites are large enough for a 35' Fifth Wheel? Or does anyone have experience with Pine Creek Park? We have read the reviews of Spruce Row. Will appreciate any comments!

2. RBuckley0825

RBuckley0825
    Expand Collapse

I lived in Ithaca for 40 years. The parks, Treman, Buttermilk are all not really equiped for RVs. They do a lot of tent camping and rent cabins. Sprice Row is a few miles out of town and is fine. I like a small campground right on Cayuga Lake about 10 mile North of Ithaca. It is a small campground in on Meyers Point. The campground is run by the town. I wish I could remember how to contact them but it has been years since I have been there. We stayed at a campground on the west side of the lake about 25 miles down the lake. It was in wine country and very nice. Elect service was only 15 amp.

The campground on Cayuga Lake is run by the town of Lansing. I do not have a phone number, but I was told that their dept of Parks and Recreation is in charge of the campground and reservations are made through them. This campground is right on the East shore of Cayuga Lake