Rv Park Reviews New Look

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Beastdriver, May 6, 2006.

1. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Webmaster

Just when you think this site can't get any better, you guys make it a LOT better. The new site is much easier to use, easier to understand,easier on the eyes, and more complete. Thank you. We appreciate your continuing efforts!

2. semperfi

semperfi
    Expand Collapse

:( It appears that that the new site only works well with Explorer on a PC.

I have tried it with Foxfire on a PC and Foxfire, Safari and OmniWeb on a Mac and the site does not work. The old one did.

Has anyone else run into this?

BYW, I am writing this on my PC running Explorer.

This is NOT good!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I'm using Netscape with no problems.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I love the new look, it may take couple days to pick up on all the new changes you put in place. What is next? Did I miss spell check?

5. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(semperfi @ May 6 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]4107[/snapback]

:( It appears that that the new site only works well with Explorer on a PC.

I have tried it with Foxfire on a PC and Foxfire, Safari and OmniWeb on a Mac and the site does not work. The old one did.

Has anyone else run into this?

BYW, I am writing this on my PC running Explorer.

This is NOT good!:angry:

We have been testing the site with IE and Firefox on a PC as well as Safari 2.0.3, Firefox 1.5.0.3, and Opera 8.54 on the MAC/OSX side of things. I haven't been able to duplicate your issues from 5 different macs, so I can't imaging what could be going wrong. We do use a little javascript, so if you have javascript disabled, that could be the issue.

I personally use a Mac and will be happy to help you resolve these issues.

We will get these growing pains resolved!

6. semperfi

semperfi
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I found the problem.

Since it was not just one browser I began to think about what might be the problem. It had to be universal. It wasn't the firewalls or the browser settings. They were all OK.

For the PC it worked with Explorer but not Firefox. It was because Firefox was an older version. The site worked with the update. Sure enough I updated the Mac browsers and all seems well although Safari was already the latest update and is flaky on the site, the others work well. The only real problem I now have is with the state maps not showing the dots for reviewed CG's.

This is my favorite RV'ing site. It is great information. The new design will be even more helpful.

7. philhoey

philhoey
    Expand Collapse

:D Great new site. I was a little taken aback at first thinking my link was busted. But - I like it.

Phil

8. skipanda

skipanda
    Expand Collapse

I had to check to see if my computer sent me to a place I've never been before!

Holy smoke - great new look. I love it!

9. PJinNH

PJinNH
    Expand Collapse

Love the new look. Great improvement on a site that was already wonderful. Way to go!!!

10. fiverdriver

fiverdriver
    Expand Collapse

Great job on the new look. I check in quite often and was very plesently surprised with the change. It not only looks better but it's easier to read and the extra local info for each area is very helpful. I also like the longer list of new reviews. In the past if I missed a few days I didn't get to see the recent additions. Now with the longer list I have a better chance of reading all of them.

I never camp anywhere without checking here first. Thanks for you efforts. By the way, I using Firefox and it looks great, no problems.

11. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

The new look is interesting to say the least. I have issues with the system as follows: upon loading the website, an "error on pages" message appears. (I'm using Internet Explorer) Upon closer investigation, have tried to engage the "spell checker", and nothing happens--no spell checker. The right and left scroll at the bottom of the page is a pain in trying to read the entire page as in the past. In the forums, the originator of the posting is not shown, a feature that I appreciated. The lighter green background color makes the white lettering, within the green background, harder to read. These old eyes are not as good as they were in my younger days. I would be the first admit that, one: I have an older computer system, useable but outdated.(windows 95) two: I'm not a computer wizard by any stretch, but can use it to obtain the information as needed. Otherwise I really do enjoy and appreciate all the efforts and work involved in making the information listed here. A job well done, thank you.

12. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Butch @ May 8 2006, 06:14 AM) [snapback]4135[/snapback]
    The new look is interesting to say the least. I have issues with the system as follows: upon loading the website, an "error on pages" message appears. (I'm using Internet Explorer) Upon closer investigation, have tried to engage the "spell checker", and nothing happens--no spell checker. The right and left scroll at the bottom of the page is a pain in trying to read the entire page as in the past. In the forums, the originator of the posting is not shown, a feature that I appreciated. The lighter green background color makes the white lettering, within the green background, harder to read. These old eyes are not as good as they were in my younger days. I would be the first admit that, one: I have an older computer system, useable but outdated.(windows 95) two: I'm not a computer wizard by any stretch, but can use it to obtain the information as needed. Otherwise I really do enjoy and appreciate all the efforts and work involved in making the information listed here. A job well done, thank you.

Butch, I too, have been unable to access the spell checker, and I really need it. I am running Windows 2000. I followed the directions that the Administrator had posted previously to no avail. I am going to have hubby look at it - he is a computer genius so maybe he can show me where I am going wrong.

13. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

I think it only works if you are using Internet Explorer as these forums use a IE plugin called iespell.

14. charles0691

charles0691
    Expand Collapse

Great new look but seems like alot of reviews have been lost in the change. I realize some were old and maybe out dated but I liked the idea of seeing all the remarks from many members on a park.

Charles

15. aMazin

aMazin
    Expand Collapse

Very nice new look. I check in every few days and was blown away by the new, great look. :D

Thanks for the great site!

16. jtrimmer

jtrimmer
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Charles @ May 8 2006, 11:27 AM) [snapback]4141[/snapback]

Great new look but seems like alot of reviews have been lost in the change. I realize some were old and maybe out dated but I liked the idea of seeing all the remarks from many members on a park.

Charles

I am one of the developers for the new layout and I just want to say Thank You to everyone for posting your comments positive or negative. It helps point us in the direction we need to go to keep this site great.

All the reviews and parks should still be there. When the site was updated not one piece of info was removed just new things added and wrapped in a new layout. One thing I've noticed is a few of the parks are not where you might think they should be. They might be on the border of 2 cities and you are looking in city A and its actually posted in city B. We are currently finishing up a great search tool for the site that will hopefully help everyone out.

17. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(genestoy @ May 8 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]4140[/snapback]
    Cheryl,

I think it only works if you are using Internet Explorer as these forums use a IE plugin called iespell.

18. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

19. jamesone

jamesone
    Expand Collapse

I note there is a little factoid near the top of each State page. The developers may want to look at Montana. It doesn't look quite right.

20. genestoy

genestoy
    Expand Collapse

The Highest Point of Montana is Granite Peak, 390 m (12,799 ft)

Should be 3,901 meters :)