Rv Parks For Tenters ~~ Southwest Az And Nv

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by cameo1, Dec 3, 2010.

1. cameo1

cameo1
    Expand Collapse

Hello to everyone ~~

In researching a camping trip through southwest Arizona and Nevada for later this month, I've not found many campgrounds for tenters except at higher and colder altitudes. Could anyone recommend parks or campgrounds that will accept tenters for one or two nights? I realize this is an RV-related web site, but thought you folks would know what's what. Many thanks.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

If you pick a campground in the two states they you can see if this campground will take tents or not. You will see a green pin next to tents. If pin is red no tents at this campground. So you need to fine a places you wish to go and see what is open to you. Most smaller campgrounds are open to tents and large places and resorts are not. Also under "Campground Search" on top tool bar you can set up all the items you are looking for and have the site run the search for you. It works!

3. possumtrotky

possumtrotky
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(cameo1 @ Dec 3 2010, 12:55 PM) [snapback]25025[/snapback]

Hello to everyone ~~

In researching a camping trip through southwest Arizona and Nevada for later this month, I've not found many campgrounds for tenters except at higher and colder altitudes. Could anyone recommend parks or campgrounds that will accept tenters for one or two nights? I realize this is an RV-related web site, but thought you folks would know what's what. Many thanks.

Why not camp on BLM land, it's free in both states.

4. cameo1

cameo1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you John and Possum for the tips --