Rv Parks Near San Jose Ca

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bmason, May 14, 2008.

1. bmason

bmason
    Expand Collapse

Want to spend the winter near daughter who moved there from ohio. Where are some reasonable priced rv parks within 75 miles of san jose? have to get away from san jose to get a better price I suppose :( will the weather be noticeably warmer in certain areas. east? south? Thanks for replying.
    Elaine

2. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bmason @ May 14 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]11496[/snapback]

Want to spend the winter near daughter who moved there from ohio. Where are some reasonable priced rv parks within 75 miles of san jose? have to get away from san jose to get a better price I suppose :( will the weather be noticeably warmer in certain areas. east? south? Thanks for replying.
    Elaine

Hello Elaine,

You have given yourself some good options with a 75 mile radius. It will come down to how much driving and how much do you want to spend. You can go as far s/w as Monterey, 72 miles, and very pricey or you can go west, Santa Cruz, Felton area, 32 miles and not quite as pricey. These are both coastal areas and would not get real cold and are easy drives to San Jose and are very pretty areas with lots to do. The easiest would be either Gilroy or Morgan Hill which is a straight shot south of San Jose about 30 miles. These will be your most reasonablely priced places. I'll give you a few places in the areas and you can decide what would suit your needs best.

www.marinadunesrv.com
    www.smithwoodsrvpark.com
    www.santacruzranchrv.com
    www.gilroygarlicusarvpark.com

There are several in Morgan Hill, go to Morgan Hill in the review section and check them out, actually go to any of the cities mentioned, there is allot of information. The entire area is not to bad for the winter.

Hope this helps a little,
    As always just my opinion,

3. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(bmason @ May 14 2008, 11:20 PM) [snapback]11496[/snapback]

Elaine

If I could add my two cents:

http://www.betabel.com/

Easy access to 101. Nice folks. Great area.

4. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(gwbischoff @ May 16 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]11508[/snapback]

If I could add my two cents:

http://www.betabel.com/

Easy access to 101. Nice folks. Great area.

I just went by there about 3 weeks ago on my way to Felton, looks like a nice place.

Rodman