Rv Rental

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by kjb3stop, Jun 29, 2009.

1. kjb3stop

kjb3stop
    Expand Collapse

Hi to all,

My family of 5 are travelling from Australia to the USA next year in March & April. We are expereinced caravaners in Australia and whilst in the USA we plan an RV trip from from Los Angeles to Nashville.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions of RV rental companies to deal with? We want an RV which is clean, of good quality and cost effective.

Also are there any cost effective ideas? For example I have heard that sometimes rental companies require an RV transferred across the country and will offer these at heavily discounted rates but I do not know how to find out about deals like this

Any help to choose the right RV rental company and budget saving ideas are welcome.

2. dementinator

dementinator
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kjb3stop @ Jun 29 2009, 02:15 AM) [snapback]17209[/snapback]

Hi to all,

My family of 5 are travelling from Australia to the USA next year in March & April. We are expereinced caravaners in Australia and whilst in the USA we plan an RV trip from from Los Angeles to Nashville.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions of RV rental companies to deal with? We want an RV which is clean, of good quality and cost effective.

Also are there any cost effective ideas? For example I have heard that sometimes rental companies require an RV transferred across the country and will offer these at heavily discounted rates but I do not know how to find out about deals like this

Any help to choose the right RV rental company and budget saving ideas are welcome.

I myself have always used Elmonte RV, every year since 1996 in fact, they have a great selection of RVs from small Class 'C' s to huge 36ft Class 'A's with bunk beds etc, one of which I have booked for this September in fact.

I am from the UK and always deal with the company direct rather than any agents.

the service has always been excelent and the vehicles have never given me any problems, not sure how the cost stacks up against others, but I think its well worth it, they have lots of Depots and they doo seem to have "one way" offers where they need a vehicle moving, I took one from NYC to Los Angeles in 2003.

The Lady I always deal with is called Denise and shes based at "International Reservations" in LA and always very helpful, give her a call and tell her Ross sent you.

3. kjb3stop

kjb3stop
    Expand Collapse

I myself have always used Elmonte RV, every year since 1996 in fact, they have a great selection of RVs from small Class 'C' s to huge 36ft Class 'A's with bunk beds etc, one of which I have booked for this September in fact.

I am from the UK and always deal with the company direct rather than any agents.

The Lady I always deal with is called Denise and shes based at "International Reservations" in LA and always very helpful, give her a call and tell her Ross sent you.
    [/quote]

Thanks Ross for the feedback. Enjoy your trip