Rv Rentals

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by rzbztpa, Apr 1, 2008.

1. rzbztpa

rzbztpa
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to suggest to my parents (Ontario, NY - South side of Lake Ontario, USA) where they can rent an RV and come on down to visit Florida, and us. They've only seen the busy, city parts of Florida, and since we've begun RVing we've discovered some beautiful places in Florida. We really want to share this with Mom and Dad, who are "stuck" in New York. Mom hates to fly anymore, and they do travel well by car. Maybe even if they were to come visit us here in Tampa, FL, then rent an RV here, then we can travel a little with them while their here. In hopes to "enlighten them" to this awesome lifestyle. My Aunt and Uncle (Mom's brother) has a 5th Wheel and is starting to spin the negative side of RVing because of gas prices. We've recently decided to store our TT in the Ocala area, partly for the gas price problem, and wear and tear on our little Jeep Liberty ourselves, but we love the life style, and the relaxation we've found. Any suggestions would be welcome and helpful.

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rzbztpa @ Apr 1 2008, 10:26 AM) [snapback]10997[/snapback]

I'd like to suggest to my parents (Ontario, NY - South side of Lake Ontario, USA) where they can rent an RV and come on down to visit Florida, and us. They've only seen the busy, city parts of Florida, and since we've begun RVing we've discovered some beautiful places in Florida. We really want to share this with Mom and Dad, who are "stuck" in New York. Mom hates to fly anymore, and they do travel well by car. Maybe even if they were to come visit us here in Tampa, FL, then rent an RV here, then we can travel a little with them while their here. In hopes to "enlighten them" to this awesome lifestyle. My Aunt and Uncle (Mom's brother) has a 5th Wheel and is starting to spin the negative side of RVing because of gas prices. We've recently decided to store our TT in the Ocala area, partly for the gas price problem, and wear and tear on our little Jeep Liberty ourselves, but we love the life style, and the relaxation we've found. Any suggestions would be welcome and helpful.

I've looked into RV rentals and honestly, I don't think they're worth the cost for the rental as well as the incidentals like insurance and gas, plus the cost of the campsites, especially if it's a long trip. But, this is just my opinion.

A better idea in my opinion would be to have your parents utilize on site rentals at campgrounds that have them. I know most of the campgrounds in Florida I've gone to have on site rentals, so I don't think it would be a problem finding them. As for the trip down, don't know which route your parents would be taking but a lot of the campgrounds off of I-95 have cabins and rentals available as well.

Hope your parents find something to their liking!!