Rv Resort On Bc Coast?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Galli, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

I am a retired Canadian from Ottawa, Ontario and now spending my Winters in Florida, Crystal River (North of Tampa), :rolleyes: it is a nice place, I have my 17 ‘ boat with HP 70 Yamaha outboard and I feel really happy, BUT, like a good wine, I am getting old, the emergency insurance premium, for Florida, is skyrocketing :( and it might come a moment that I cannot or will not afford such expenses, therefore, I am looking for an alternate location, in Canada, to spend (possibly) my winter months on a sea side location to use my boat and 5th W.

2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Galli @ Jun 14 2011, 06:06 PM) [snapback]26456[/snapback]

- I am looking for an alternate location, in Canada, to spend (possibly) my winter months on a sea side location to use my boat and 5th W.

3. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JDOLLEN @ Jun 15 2011, 04:10 AM) [snapback]26462[/snapback]

I can't answer for the Island but on the Mainland there are two RV parks that are open year round. Capilano is the closest to Salt Water. You can easily walk to the shore but there is no boat launch or mooring there. The closest place to keep your boat would be Horseshoe Bay. It's about a 15 minute drive.
    Burnaby Cariboo RV park is the next closest. I think it's a nicer park but have some rules for long term stays. Your site can not appear that you are staying long. It must be neat and tidy, BBQ must be a portable style etc. You are about 15 minutes from Port Moody where you can launch your boat.
    You will have endless rain on the West Coast from mid November until mid February early March. On the odd occasion you might see some snow but it will not stay long. If you can handle a constant fine mist and grey skys, the West Coast is a pleasant place to winter.

I hope someone out there will give you info on the Island.

Thank you Dollen, I appreciate your info, I am actually exploring this possibility for future years but, like you said, the winter there is lousy.
    Since you are from alberta, have a nice steak for me,
    Galli