Rv Tv Replacement !

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Galli, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

..after so many years of honourable service my renegade trailer-tv decided to give up and now every thing on it are blue/greenish colours. :(
    I am now trying to replace it but now all new TV are flat screened, therefore, there is no more base to stand properly on the cabinet. :blink:
    I was looking around for a solution and found what the best made for my trailer’s cabinet is made with a metallic plate to be screwed on the cabinet’s base, a metallic stand welded on it and on top the plate to be screwed behind the tv. B)
    I tried all over the internet and could not find a company that builds them.
    Do any of you have some idea to where I can look for it ?
    I saw one exactly like that to an RV dealer but the guy would not provide information.., the “gentleman” wanted to sale me his one at $ 250 when the television by itself is about $ 300 :ph34r:

2. mtnmanky

mtnmanky
    Expand Collapse

Galli, I did not find one on the internet either, but a quick look in the phone book for welders will probably find you someone who can take a wall-mount from Walmart or anywhere else and weld up what you need fast and pretty cheap. we live near a small farm community and some of those little shops do great work at a very reasonable price, with the bonus of making a new friend!

3. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Galli @ Jul 8 2009, 05:28 PM) [snapback]17469[/snapback]

..after so many years of honourable service my renegade trailer-tv decided to give up and now every thing on it are blue/greenish colours. :(
    I am now trying to replace it but now all new TV are flat screened, therefore, there is no more base to stand properly on the cabinet. :blink:
    I was looking around for a solution and found what the best made for my trailer’s cabinet is made with a metallic plate to be screwed on the cabinet’s base, a metallic stand welded on it and on top the plate to be screwed behind the tv. B)
    I tried all over the internet and could not find a company that builds them.
    Do any of you have some idea to where I can look for it ?
    I saw one exactly like that to an RV dealer but the guy would not provide information.., the “gentleman” wanted to sale me his one at $ 250 when the television by itself is about $ 300 :ph34r:

Thanks for the suggestion mtnmanky, I think that I am going to follow your idea and I am sure that it will not cost more than 1/3 of what that "gentleman" asked for.
    Have a nice day,
    Gali