Sacramento To Portland

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Billy bones, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Billy bones

Billy bones
    Expand Collapse

Looking for campgrounds with hiking, biking, beach or river close by. One way ride in a rented 32s. What would be the best route from Sacramento to PCH?

Bill

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi Billy,

I suggest you choose a route. Then for each logical place to stop on your trip use google maps with a search such as:

Hiking Loc:Sacramento

I'm not sure what PCH even means, so I'm at a loss to suggest a routing at all.

I also do not know what a 32s is.

Good luck on your trip.

QUOTE(Billy bones @ Jul 26 2009, 01:41 PM) [snapback]17772[/snapback]

Looking for campgrounds with hiking, biking, beach or river close by. One way ride in a rented 32s. What would be the best route from Sacramento to PCH?

Bill

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the site Billy. B)
    OK: PCH is Pacific Coast Highway. You'll have to fill us all in on what 'ride' you are renting.
    We avoid the San Francisco Bay area only because it's very congested...and have sort of 'been there, done that'.
    Sure enjoyed going up I-5 from Sacramento to Williams, then catching highway 20 west. Beautiful country. Several campgrounds in the Clear Lake area. Highway 20 eventually gets you to 101. Head north to Willits where you pick up 20 west again, which takes you into Fort Bragg.
    One could spend a lifetime just exploring highway 20...
    Enjoy!

4. Billy bones

Billy bones
    Expand Collapse

Great Info!! renting a 32' class C with one slideout. After reading some of the campground layouts was hoping it would not be too big for sites and inner roads. You also confirmed my thoughts on S F. Never been to Sacramento, hope it is less congested.

Thanks again for the response:>

Bill