san antonio koa campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by ccj, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ccj

ccj
    Expand Collapse

my family of four is planning to visit new braunfels and san antonio area. Looking for campground near San Antonio. We are considering the San Antonio KOA. Haven't seen much in reviews on this place. We looked at Blazing Star and Admiralty but the prices are pretty high when we won't be at trailer very much.

My kids love to swim and will want to have place with nice pool. We like shaded campgrounds (not parking lots) and usually bar-b-q. Any information you have on this campground would be helpful.

Thanks. :)

2. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

We have been in all three of the parks that you mention and we like all three, but for different reasons. Of the three, KOA is by far the closest to the down-town area. You can catch the bus and not drive, right outside of the park entrance. Across the street is to town, you return right at the gate. The KOA has very large trees and most sites are shady. The facilities have been improved recently as they suffered major flood damage a couple of years ago. Most of the park has now been restored. The pool is good, though not as nice as the other two. Service is also good, but again, not quite up to the other two. At Admiralty you just bag your trash and leave it in front of the RV and the staff take it away. At KOA you have to take it to the dumpster.

I think that for what you want the KOA is probably a good choice. We stayed there last March for several days and have stayed there from time to time for more than 15 years.

3. ccj

ccj
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much for the informationl. We are also looking at River Valley Resort in Sattler (it's a little closer to Schlitterbahn - not much but just a tad). Anybody stayed there? I read one good review on this website, and found a good one on tripadvisor. But that's about it. Let me know if anyone has info on River Road. :rolleyes:

4. ccj

ccj
    Expand Collapse

Well the decision has been made. We are going to stay at the San Antonio KOA. All other places seem to be booked. I will write a review when we return.

Happy Camping!