San Diego Ca - July 07'

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Mtn Dreams, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Mtn Dreams

Mtn Dreams
    Expand Collapse

Making plans to travel to San Diego from Colorado during July of 07'. Any RV Resort suggestions would be appreciated. Does anyone have experience with Rancho Los Coches RV Park in Lakeside? I did a search for reviews and did not locate any.

40' foot Class A, Family Friendly, Pets OK, playground, pool.

Thanks in advance.

:rolleyes:

2. mso

mso
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mtn Dreams @ Jan 1 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]5675[/snapback]

Making plans to travel to San Diego from Colorado during July of 07'. Any RV Resort suggestions would be appreciated. Does anyone have experience with Rancho Los Coches RV Park in Lakeside? I did a search for reviews and did not locate any.

Thanks in advance.

Lakeside is inland about 25miles so in July it could be hot. If you want to be on the coast check out Chula Vista RV Park. Nice park in the south county. There is also one further north city near Mission Bay - Camperland in Mission Bay. Not as nice,lots of kids. More Full timers from the "hotzone" (Arizona or better known at "Zonies") stay the summer at the Chula Vista Park. Also Sunland has one in Escondido (North Inland). Nice Park. Enjoy San Diego I think we're heading to Colorado for the summer. How is July & August in the Leadville area in regards to crowds. We love to bike ride and hike thus the need to go in the summer months.

3. Mtn Dreams

Mtn Dreams
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(mso @ Jan 2 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]5677[/snapback]

Thanks in advance.

Lakeside is inland about 25miles so in July it could be hot. If you want to be on the coast check out Chula Vista RV Park. Nice park in the south county. There is also one further north city near Mission Bay - Camperland in Mission Bay. Not as nice,lots of kids. More Full timers from the "hotzone" (Arizona or better known at "Zonies") stay the summer at the Chula Vista Park. Also Sunland has one in Escondido (North Inland). Nice Park. Enjoy San Diego I think we're heading to Colorado for the summer. How is July & August in the Leadville area in regards to crowds. We love to bike ride and hike thus the need to go in the summer months.

Thanks for the information. We are actually from Breckenridge. I don't have much experience with Leadville. We have been here just over 4 years and find each year is getting busier and busier each year. I believe this is the case in Leadville also. You may want to look at Tiger Run RV Resort. We actually stayed at Tiger Run for 8 months last year. Very nice resort. Have a great trip and let us know if you need furhter information about our area.

4. mso

mso
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mtn Dreams @ Jan 2 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]5679[/snapback]

QUOTE(mso @ Jan 2 2007, 10:20 AM) [snapback]5677[/snapback]

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the information. We are actually from Breckenridge. I don't have much experience with Leadville. We have been here just over 4 years and find each year is getting busier and busier each year. I believe this is the case in Leadville also. You may want to look at Tiger Run RV Resort. We actually stayed at Tiger Run for 8 months last year. Very nice resort. Have a great trip and let us know if you need furhter information about our area.

We are now thinking about staying in Breckenridge at Tiger Run. Somewhat pricy but looks like the only park in the area. How are the crowds in July? Any certain site you recommend we request? How's the WiFI access? Any info would be appreciated. Also any info on Rocky Mountain NP or is it just too crowded in the summer.

Thanks

5. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

I love Leadville, but if you are going to go there, try to avoid Boom Days which happens early Aug. We went there a few years ago, to a Bed & Breakfast, for our anniversary, which is the 6th. Enjoyed the parade and everything but the town is extremely crowded at that time, parking is a problem normally, and was non-extistent at that time.

6. bccamper

bccamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mtn Dreams @ Jan 1 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]5675[/snapback]

Thanks in advance.

7. jdwroten

jdwroten
    Expand Collapse

We're at Santee Lake Rec Preserve. Close to everything and a great campground.

8. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Mtn Dreams @ Jan 1 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]5675[/snapback]

Thanks in advance.

I've stayed at Campland by the Bay. You can't beat the location. In July you'll be able to view the fireworks at Sea World from the beach. But, expect crowds, noise and tight maneuvering.