San Leandro, CA

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by travlinrose, Feb 2, 2005.

1. travlinrose

travlinrose
    Expand Collapse

I am trying to visit someone in the San Leandro area and I have looked into Anthony Chabot campground in the park of the same name. Has anyone ever stayed there before? I am driving a 40 ft Class A with a toad and I was wondering if it was difficult to navigate or if the sites are decent? Is it safe?

I know there is a trailer park called Trailer Haven that will also take a few RV's so if you are familiar with this place, please let me know if it might work or if it is undesireable. Any details would be most appreciated.

If you know of any other places to park I would also appreciate the info.
    I stayed up in Vallejo and I was not a happy camper.
    Thanks!

2. Kimo

Kimo
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed at Anthony Chabot 10 - 15 times and love it there. They have about 12 full hookup sites (Water, Electric, Drain) and the local tv reception is great. The cell service is very spotty but there is a pay phone in the middle of all the sites. The town of Castro Valley is about 15 minutes away and the CG has no supplies so make sure you have everything before going in. The gate closes at 10:00 and you can't get around it. Also, it is about 5 miles to the sites from the gate so I don't think you would want to walk back if your late. The only downside is a 40 footer is probably the max you can get in there and I doubt all the sites will fit. I have seen other 40 footers in there when I am there but not real ofter. Maybe disconnect and drive in to look? It is a beautiful place. As for Trailer Haven, it makes Vallejo look like a 5 star resort. (I have been to both).
    There is a CG in Livermore that will accept your rig pretty easy in you can't fit at Anthony.

Enjoy the ride............................

Kimo