Search Help Please

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by oldcarfun, Jan 2, 2005.

1. oldcarfun

oldcarfun
    Expand Collapse

We're new to this site and to RV travels. My husband just retired and we bought a travel trailer. We are going to take some weekend trips to get used to it but have a long trip planned for this fall. We would like to leave Los Angeles, go to Mt. Rushmore, then Toronto and then New England for leaf peeping then home in about 6 weeks.

I am having trouble searching this forum for campgrounds in Rapid City, SD. Am I doing something wrong or are there no posts? A member from another website who told me about this website :huh: said there were a number of referances. I've read the search help to no avail. Any ideas?

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Don't know why you can't bring up South Dakota, and then Rapid City. I just tried it and got several listings in Rapid City. We've visited all of these campgrounds and, in our opinion, if your rig is not too big (38 foot or larger), probably your best best is the Happy Holiday RV Resort in Rapid City. Very convenient to Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, and other sites. :D

3. Webmaster

Webmaster
    Expand Collapse

oldcarfun,
    I think you may be searching here in the forum?? Click on the link at the top just under the picture that says "Click Here To Return To RV Park Reviews", then click on the state and then the city. That link takes you to the review website. ;)

4. oldcarfun

oldcarfun
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much! Both replies are very helpful. A personal recomendation is always helpful and yes, I was looking in the wrong place! Thanks again!

5. midnightstar

midnightstar
    Expand Collapse

;) Try the Berry Patch 1-800-658-4566. Or the Lazy J 605-342-2751

The Berry Patch has daily bus tours open April 1 - Oct. 1

6. Mr. Camper

Mr. Camper
    Expand Collapse

If you want full hook-ups around Mt. Rushmore try Horsethief Campground. If you can do with only water and electric try for Custer State Park. Have fun.