Shore Power At Home ..

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by JackHammr', Jul 31, 2009.

1. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

Seems a couple wires are reversed maybe in this setup?? .. I know someone who parks at our church regularly and first time there he checked the plug at the church and moved some wires around ?? What's the setup here ??

2. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JackHammr' @ Jul 31 2009, 04:22 PM) [snapback]17965[/snapback]

Seems a couple wires are reversed maybe in this setup?? .. I know someone who parks at our church regularly and first time there he checked the plug at the church and moved some wires around ?? What's the setup here ??

what did he change??

Do you have a 20A, 30A or 50A outlet?

In any case, the screws on the jack/outlet are color coded.

Black is the copper color and is hot
    White is the silver color and is neutral
    Green is the green color and is earth ground

The only difference is the 50A outlet, there are two hot, 120V and 120V which gives you the 240V out. They add a red.

Use a circuit checker to make sure that hot/neutral and earth are all on the correct positions.

I always carry a circuit tester. I always plug it in before I attached to MH to the power.

Camping World has them for about $14.00, Harbor Freight has them for about $2.99 or you can make one using three NE 2 lamps, three 100k 1/4w resistors and a plug for about $1.50.

3. JackHammr'

JackHammr'
    Expand Collapse

I'm wanting to put breaker in my stix house breaker box and run 30 amp service for the MH ..

Got all the electronic toys I will ever need for checking and testing , dont know what he did with this setup ..

4. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(JackHammr' @ Jul 31 2009, 08:34 PM) [snapback]17975[/snapback]

I'm wanting to put breaker in my stix house breaker box and run 30 amp service for the MH ..

Got all the electronic toys I will ever need for checking and testing , dont know what he did with this setup ..

the only way to know what he did is to ask him.
    The second best is to test the circuit and make sure it is wired correctly.

I did the same thing. I ran some #10 from the breaker to a 30A (RV) socket, out to the street where I park the MH. Good thing I did this a couple years ago before coppper skyrocketed in price!