Sieverville Or Gatlinburg

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by sorichard, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sorichard

sorichard
    Expand Collapse

which area would be better to stay, sieverville or gatlinburg? we really willl not have to go in gatlinburg. we will visit pigeon forge, cades cove and smoky mountain park. also how is the traffic in sieverillle? is sierville a pretty area?

2. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I prefer Sieverville for a couple of reasons. It’s closer to I-40 for traveling to and from the area. It doesn’t require that I maneuver a large RV in the tourist traffic of PF or Gatlinburg. Even tho the road is non-divided four lanes, there is a tremendous amount of tourist traffic. I guarantee you won’t enjoy driving into Gatlinburg in the rig. Some of the nicer CGs like Outdoor Resort are on the other side of the town.

As far as your question about being a pretty town, it’s clean but not “pretty.” But then neither is Pigeon Forge. The same as you would get in any other highly visited tourist area. Downtown G/burg is quaint.

Sieverville has a minor league baseball team with a very nice stadium. Last time I attended it was $5 for a seat and a dog and drink were less than than.

Riverside RV Park in Sieverville is a nice park, but there’s a concrete plant across the road that makes a lot of noise. In PF, I like River Plantation. In Gatlinburg it’s Outdoor Resorts. Twin Creek in Gatlinburg is supposed to be a 10-10-10, but I’ve never been in it.
    You can browse this site’s campground reviews for other opinions.

I’ve been to all the places you listed and wasn’t disappointed. Would suggest that you do the aquarium in G/burg. Also, very nice.

Rick

3. sparkplugrandy

sparkplugrandy
    Expand Collapse

just returned home a couple of hours ago after spending a week in pigeon forge. we stayed at creekside rv park,backed up to the creek.it was nice and clean,and someone was always cleaning or trimming or picking up trash.would not pull camper to gatlinburg,streets too tight and too many pedestrians.looked at other rv parks while there and found some we liked but will probably return to creekside if we ever go back,which isn't very likely anytime soon.

4. Chris17

Chris17
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Twin Creek in Gatlinburg the last week of March. It is on the east edge of town, so you turn left and miss most of the traffic as you enter Gburg. Facilities are older, but clean and efficient. Little to do on the grounds, but a very nice place to stay while seeing the area, which is what we did. Some on this review site have busted the chops of the owners for enforcing the rules, but it made for a neat, clean, quiet stay. I can also see where some would say sites are small/close together, but again, we used it for a place to eat breakfast, clean up and go...it was perfect for that.

Downside- you have to drive through Gburg to get to the heart of the National Park. If you time it right, it is not too bad. There is also a local street just north of the main drag that can get you around most of the traffic.

5. NEEP46

NEEP46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(sorichard @ Jun 5 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]7211[/snapback]

which area would be better to stay, sieverville or gatlinburg? we really willl not have to go in gatlinburg. we will visit pigeon forge, cades cove and smoky mountain park. also how is the traffic in sieverillle? is sierville a pretty area?

We stayed at River Plantation beween Sieverville and Pigeon Forge.
    It is far enough from the road to be quiet and is easy to get to and from all attractions.
    You should get a map of the area as it is almost impossible to move on the main road from 10am til around 6pm, but you can use the back roads to get most anywhere.
    While you are there, you should tour Gatlinburg also, it is really nice.