Slider Stabilizer Jacks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by easyrider65_01, Mar 30, 2006.

1. easyrider65_01

easyrider65_01
    Expand Collapse

I have a travel trailer and and i was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to stop the trailer from rocking. The problem is basically noticeable mostly when we are trying to sleep. If one of us walks around or our dog moves around it wakes us up. I have the rv perfectly level and I have all the stabilizer jacks lowered as instructed. I have tried taking weight off of the tongue and leaving weight on it and it does not affect the movement. I have thought of placing stabilizer jacks under the slide-out to see if that helps, but i don't see many people using them, so I don't know if it helps at all. If anyone knows any way to reduce or eliminate movement I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

easyrider65_01
    Try using Roto-chocks between the tires.
    Also it is not advisable to use stabilizers under a slide out. If you check in your owners manual you should have a caution note about using them under slides.

3. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

As stated previously, the slider stabilizers are a no-no, may cause damage to slider mechanism, and or may lift the slider in an upward direction causing the seals to fail, and thereby allowing water, dust, etc to enter the unit. Most manufacturers do posts warnings that the use of stabilizers is not required, and therefore should not be used. As for the movement problem, try placing more trailer weight on the leveling jack system, and chock the wheels to limit movement.

4. easyrider65_01

easyrider65_01
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info. I guess that is why you ask before you do anything. Thanks for saving me an enormous headache. I do chock my wheels and I try to spread out the weight of the trailer as much as possible but it still rocks. I might see about getting those roto-chocks. Can you purchase them on-line? I was unable to find a website that sold them. If anyone has any more ideas on how to reduce trailer-movement, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again for the advice. :D

5. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

easyrider65_01
    Go to camping world web site and enter #11109 or #26563 and also take a look at #5623.
    Also I have seen people make there own using a couple pieces of 4X6 cut as a wedge and a piece of all-thread rod. Once you look at a picture of them you will understand how they work and how simple they are to make yourself out of wood. (wood is not as fancy & doesn't last as long, but is cheaper)

6. easyrider65_01

easyrider65_01
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info. I will check it out. :D