Southern California Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by RVL217646, Jan 30, 2006.

1. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

Hey you guys:

We need some help. We're staying at Chula Vista RV Resort, just south of San Diego and we need some suggestions (outside of the LA area) for facilities that will hold a 45' rig. Right now we're looking from the Santa Barbara area and south. We've done the Desert part, now we're looking for closer to the ocean.

All input greatly appreciated.

Alan

2. brahler2005

brahler2005
    Expand Collapse

hey alan maybe u can help us we are in daytona beach getting prepared to go west tell meis there any rv parks in la cali is san diego the first place u hit off of INTERSTATE 10 and does ur park have a long term parking like a month and can u give me a feel for the cali thing what is gas prices is san diego a nice place how are the people and what is the cost of chula? thanks alan i try to get some information for u ive been asking around about la u can look under some of my posts there is some information for you replie back so we can get this info quick!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. RVL217646

RVL217646
    Expand Collapse

Well, Chula Vista is just south of San Diego (maybe 4-5 miles), so it is very convenient, plus only a few hundred yards from the Pacific Ocean. The campground is very nice; albeit a bit tight. About $40 a night if you stay weekly. Lots of activities here. San Diego is south of L.A. by perhaps 2 - 2.5 hours, depending upon traffic.

4. caridee

caridee
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so this may be a BIT late, but did you investigate Lake Casitas in Ojai? It will accommodate your rig and its a beautiful spot!