Speed Limit

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by dalsgal, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I thought I would share something that we just did in the park we manage. The speed limit has been 10 mph for years but most people seemed to think that meant 15. We got our new owners to make a new sign saying 9 1/2 mph. It is in a temporary spot for now while we feel out what would be the best permanent location. Strangely enough, those that drive over 10 are now driving under 9. I can't count the number of people that have commented on the 1/2 on the sign in just a week of having it up. It looks like my idea is going to be a great help. [attachmentid=257]

Attached Files:

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

That's not a bad idea, should make people think twice when they see the 9 1/2

Mike

3. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(dalsgal @ Aug 28 2014, 01:21 PM) [snapback]37998[/snapback]

I thought I would share something that we just did in the park we manage. The speed limit has been 10 mph for years but most people seemed to think that meant 15. We got our new owners to make a new sign saying 9 1/2 mph. It is in a temporary spot for now while we feel out what would be the best permanent location. Strangely enough, those that drive over 10 are now driving under 9. I can't count the number of people that have commented on the 1/2 on the sign in just a week of having it up. It looks like my idea is going to be a great help. [attachmentid=257]

Now that is interesting. I guess they ignored the 10 sign but see the 9 1/2 because of the 1/2 on it.

4. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

We thought it was strange when they first opened Kiawah Resort here back in the late 70's - they had their speed limits at 17. Does make you think.

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

What would really make folks slow down, or at least take notice, would be to mount a fake camera on top of the sign aimed slightly downward so as to appear it was taking pics of license plates. A small sign could even be posted by it saying "Smile, you're on candid camera"... :rolleyes:

And the fun continues................ BankShot