Spring Creek, Plano TX canceled our reservation

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by one_strange_texan, Nov 27, 2005.

1. one_strange_texan

one_strange_texan
    Expand Collapse

:angry:

We reserved a site for our fifth wheel at Spring Creek RV Park in Plano, Texas. We were going to stay and visit friends and family in the Garland/Plano area during the Thanksgiving holidays. We had reservations from Wednesday night 11/23 through Sunday morning, 11/27. We had made them about 2 months ago. They did not ask for a deposit at the time of the booking.

They called us on Tuesday afternoon, the day before our scheduled arrival, and told us that they were having to cancel the reservation. The explanation was that several longer term residents had stayed longer that originally scheduled and they had no sites available. I got the impression that I was not the only one who got a cancellation.

I can see that kind of situation developing, but I was very unhappy with getting such a short notice. It seems to me that they could have seen the possibility of this situation developing well before the day before our reservation and could have given us some warning to allow us to arrange alternate accommodations. We were able to book a hotel room instead.

I suspect that the problem occurred due to this year's hurricanes. Many RV parks in this region are full due to the dislocation of home owners by Katrina and Rita and the many repair workers who have flooded into the area.

Has anyone else run into this type of situation? I have talked to co-workers who have told me that in their experience, if you book a site for a certain period, your are told to leave when your booking is up if they have reserved the site for someone else.

Just thought I would pass this along. Spring Creek RV needs to change something in the way they are doing business. I considered posting a review about this, except I did not really stay at the site. I settled for posting this here and at the campground forum of RV.NET.

2. wandering palms

wandering palms
    Expand Collapse

We've never had a reservation cancelled on us, but on a few occasions where we have wanted to extend our stay we have been told that the site was already reserved and that we would have to leave or move to another site. We feel this is more then fair and the way it should be. Leave the over booking to the airlines.