Spring Gulsh, Lancaster, PA

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Scrappy520, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Scrappy520

Scrappy520
    Expand Collapse

OK, I need to ask this silly ? because we're new at this travel trailer thing... We've made reservations to go to Spring Gulch soon & have been assigned site #1563. We'd like to know how steep are these hills!!!! :unsure: As I said, we're new at this & don't feel too comfortable yet setting the TT in this kind of terrain.

If you've stayed there before, can you recommend a spot that is not as challenging as the sites on the hills.

Thanks so much for your input!

TT Wanderers

2. donnaB

donnaB
    Expand Collapse

Hey you sound like us. We recently purchased a 28 ft travel trailer and took our first trip to see family in south carolina. It was an experience, but for now Id rather just stay within 2-3 hours away. We live in NJ.
    We have not been to spring gulch, but
    I heard a lot of positives and only a few negatives about the campground. We re thinking about possibly going there for a few days the end of Sept. I heard sites in the 1500's are the largest but quite a distance from the activities. I called and spoke to the woman in the office who told me the sites were level but it is up the hill and one can't ride a bike down the hill becausde its too steep. I have no idea what to think.
    Have you looked into any other campgrounds in that area ? I heard lake in wood is really nice.
    we are thinking about possibly becoming a seasonal user if we find a campground we like. we are considering either the lancaster or delaware river area near stroudsburg.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

I can help you. The best sites are on the hill. They are large, level, have 30/50 amps, water, sewer, table, fire ring, lots of large trees and a lot of room around each site. It is true about the bikes, you could not pull the hill and to go down it would run to fast. Rules posted to said this. A person on bike may hit and RV on way up hill. You can walk the bike up and down. The park was full of units and no one had any problems. You will be OK. The road is very good and not very long to the top. I walked the grade every night so you can drive up.

Do not miss Spring Maple one night for dinner. Come out of park turn right on Hwy. 897 cross hill and go to Hwy. 322. Turn left drive short ways and turn right back on Hwy. 897. Spring Maple will be on your left on small hill. Great place next door to buy food in day time hours Mon-Sat only.

We have been in camp number times and know the hold Amish county. If you need more information let me know.

Have a good time!