St Peterburg, Florida Campgrounds

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by robin352, Feb 3, 2005.

1. robin352

robin352
    Expand Collapse

Sometime in June we will be relocating to St Peterburg, Florida for about a year. So far I have run up against the parks limiting the size of our dog, she's over the 40 pound limit that a couple require and way over the 20 pound size of most. Does anyone have experience with a park in that area that doesn't have the size restrictions and allows for extended stay?

Thanks, Robin

2. Mr. Camper

Mr. Camper
    Expand Collapse

I don't know where you tried but I would suggest Roberts Mobile Home and RV Park on Gandy Blvd. If your company is picking up the tab try the Madiera Beach KOA. That's about it for the St. Pete area. Now depending on where in St. Pete you should investigate Manatee County. It's a drive over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge but rarely do you have traffic problems. There are several in Manatee County (Palmetto) including Fiesta Grove RV, Fisherman's Cove and Frog Creek. It's a 20 minute drive from those campgrounds to St. Pete and you'll need a Sun Pass to keep the Skyway toll costs down and allow you to zip through.

3. robin352

robin352
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately Roberts was one of those that has the size restrictions. I'll try to talk the husband into trying further out, he's not real excited about doing the bridge.

Thanks for your help and no :angry: the company doesn't pick up the tab, that one's on us.