starting campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by smilingbp, Sep 8, 2004.

1. smilingbp

smilingbp
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are starting up a new campground in N.MS and are looking for ideas on what campers want. We are campers - have had a class A and a bumper pull, what we want to know is what do you want to see in a campground? :D

2. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

3. CDB

CDB
    Expand Collapse

Just based on a lot of negative reviews I've read on this web site, you'll want to make the sites wide enough for rigs with slideouts on both sides, with awnings out, to be next to each other and still have some breathing room between.

Also, if you rent to any long term residents, make sure they abide by the same rules and don't let their sites get run down.

4. rdepas

rdepas
    Expand Collapse

I rate a lot of campgrounds when I visit them. Here is what I look for: Ability to back in 30'+ trailer without being an expert, pet and child friendly (no barking dogs after quiet hours and relatively level sites to keep the ones from tripping on tree roots.), enough power to run my A/C unit in the summer when everyone else is doing the same (30A service doesn't count went the voltage drops to 90V because all the A/C units are running.), mature trees and some privacy from neighbors (don't take a flat farm field and lot it off like some do...), some type of swimming facilities and infant usable playground equipment (bucket swings), and a decent dump station. All those get you a "10" in my book. Full hook-ups are nice, but the average camper doesn't need them. New rigs come with 50 gallon holding tanks and most places don't mind if you let the grey water trickle out as long as it doesn't make a puddle so they can wait to dump till the trip os over.

Attached Files: