Storage Lighting

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mastercraft, Apr 7, 2007.

1. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I found an easy solution to lighting in small storage compartments on my 5th wheel. I have lights in my pass thru storage, but did not have lights in the small storage compartments on the back of the trailer. I install some of the battery powered tap lights that you see on tv. They take 4 AA batteries and I installed them with velcro fasteners on the top of the compartment. They give off enough light to see inside the storage compartment without having to have a flashlight. Just an idea that some of you might can use.
    Jef

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

My Rv is old and the cabinets are quite dark. Last fall I found an led light that is powered by 3 AAA batteries and includes a motion detector. I bought one and have no "field tested it" to -40 below zero for storage.

They come with their own velcro tabs and cost $12.00 Canadian!

They are now appearing in more than one color of casing--mine are all white.

3. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I have seen the led lights also, but someone had given us the tap lights a couple of years ago. I found them when we were cleaning out closets since we couldn't go outside due to the frigid weather and I thought I would try them. If they don't work, I will get some of the led lights.

4. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Does any one have a web site for those LED lights. Sounds like they might work for a project I have.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Lots of web sites on LED's, here is one that may work. Look down near center and you will see RV lights.

LED'S

6. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks John, I will check it out.

7. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

The Superbright site doesn't have the led unit I was speaking of.

In Canada it is sold at Superstore.

The brand name is Globe and the model is a BH2805

I have not seen them online.